Choosing a new video card

Status
Not open for further replies.
It depends on what you have and what card you are getting.

Seriously dude....you haven't told us anything about your rig or what you expect out of the card. I don't mean to scold you but how in the **** do you expect us to recommend something out of the blue?

I mean.....do you have to upgrade your power supply? Tell me how I am supposed to know that when I don't know which one you currently have?

Do you need to upgrade your power supply for most of these cards?

What about compatibility like GDDR3,4 and 5?

Depends if you have a good one...

Don't go by that old thought that watts matter, because they don't

heh was afraid this thread would get out of control :]

Manufacturer:
Acer
Processor:
AMD Athlon(tm) 64 X2 Dual Core Processor 6000+ (2 CPUs), ~3.0GHz
Memory:
3070MB RAM
Hard Drive:
489 GB Total
Video Card:
NVIDIA GeForce 8400 GS
Monitor:
SyncMaster T220/T220G,SyncMaster Magic T220/T220G(Digital)
Sound Card:
Realtek Digital Output (Realtek High Definition Audio)

there is my setup, I'm not buying a card yet maybe in a few months just wanna start looking early just in case I find some deals

Not sure about my power supply, standard I guess?

Sorry for being so newb :/

Well you can glance around but if you aren't intending to buy now then we can't really recommend anything. Technology recommendations have an expiration date of about a week.

Take of the side of your case and physically look at the PSU. You will see a sticker like this on your PSU. Look under the 12v and tell us what the amperage is.

17-256-024-04.jpg

as long as its about 26A+ ull be fine. the 4850 is probably the best card for money, but u can also now get a 9800gtx+ for about the same and nvidia had better support in games so either be good. but ur cpu is going to let you down a bit in high end games like crysis, even with mine at 3.3 i get a let down. but theres no doubt u will notice a HUGE increase.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom