More bang for the buck($3000)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Yea, read some guides...it's no where near as hard as it sounds. Just snap just into the correct slots, plug it in to power supply and you're good to go. Just don't : cut anything, use so much force something breaks, make sure you discharge static before touching anything...and you'll be good to go.

^and don't be touching the flux capacitor while building a computer :). Like everyone said, it's really quite easy. I'm sure we could walk you threw it if you needed it.

So do you guys agree that this is the best I could get(no better options). Like I said I have $3000 to spend, but if I can't get better than that's good too. And yes I am not confident to put this rig together because how would I organize all the parts in the case. I don't want to ruin anything and end up wasting money. I wanna take things out and replace them with ease. I may just take it to be put together. Or I may learn by the time I end up buying em. Thanks for the help guys, but let me know if I can upgrade this anymore.

So, the only reason you want a Dell is because you don't know how/don't feel confident building your own?

Well don't fret it then. Pretty much any of the members on this site would be glad to walk you through building a PC. And once you do it, you'll kick yourself for not having just done it without question to start with. You'll find it is actually very, very easy to build a PC. Everything is made to fit one way, and one way only. If something doesn't just pop together, it's not made to be there. Most of the components come with installation guides anyway.

Your $3000 will buy you a pretty amazing PC. Please don't waste it on the junk that is Dell. Sure it has a warranty, but so do most of the individual components that come with your PC. Plus Dell will probably figure out a way to not honor their warranty and you'll get ****ed anyway.

You can match that $3000 Dell with a <$2000 custom built PC, or, if you want, you can just go with a $3000 custom built PC and totally rape games for years to come.

I strongly advise you listen to all the people in this thread and just build your own PC. ****, I'm sure someone here would even be willing to build it and ship it to you if it came down to it.

So, the only reason you want a Dell is because you don't know how/don't feel confident building your own?

Well don't fret it then. Pretty much any of the members on this site would be glad to walk you through building a PC. And once you do it, you'll kick yourself for not having just done it without question to start with. You'll find it is actually very, very easy to build a PC. Everything is made to fit one way, and one way only. If something doesn't just pop together, it's not made to be there. Most of the components come with installation guides anyway.

Your $3000 will buy you a pretty amazing PC. Please don't waste it on the junk that is Dell. Sure it has a warranty, but so do most of the individual components that come with your PC. Plus Dell will probably figure out a way to not honor their warranty and you'll get ****ed anyway.

You can match that $3000 Dell with a <$2000 custom built PC, or, if you want, you can just go with a $3000 custom built PC and totally rape games for years to come.

I strongly advise you listen to all the people in this thread and just build your own PC. ****, I'm sure someone here would even be willing to build it and ship it to you if it came down to it.

What CrazeD said.......listen to him hoodstar. You want me to run you through it real quick?

1. Order parts
2. Receive parts.
3. Unpack parts.
4. Lay computer case on its side and open it up.
5. Install PSU by putting four screws in the back (if you have problems look in manuel)
6. Place CPU in its socket on mobo.
7. Apply thermal paste to CPU. (google it, there are many great guides for doing this)
8. Attach CPU cooler according to included instructions.
9. Replace the I/O shield of the case with the one that comes with the motherboard (refer to manuel if you need help)
10. Most mobos come with risers that you put in the case so the mobo isn't laying on the tray.
11. Put motherboard in place and screw down
12. Insert RAM, it takes 5 seconds.
13. Screw hard drives into the hard drive cage, plug in SATA and Power cables.
14. Insert optical drive. Plug in SATA/IDE and Power cables.
15. Plug in all the front audio ports and lights, plug in HD Audio cable (refer to mobo manuel)
16. Insert the video card into the PCIe socket. Plug in PCIe power cable.
17. Hook up all fans to power cables.
18. Plug in the ATX 12v onto the motherboard and also the CPU 4/8 pin power cable.
19. Replace side cover, stand computer up, plug in monitor/keyboard/mouse and power this baby on.
20. Put windows CD in and follow on screen instructions. Vista should take about 30 minutes to install on this bad boy.

Oh yeah, I knew I would do that....I meant to put the Q9450 as the CPU instead of the mobo twice.

Thanks guys, ill look into all the parts you guys suggested. Meanwhile could you guys put the best rig together that supports gaming and multimedia rather than the parts that were in the Dell I wanted? I really want to look into this. I want the best rig out there, and anything I need to know about maintenance?

Do you still want to spend $3000? Because you would have one of the best rigs out there for $3,000 if you build it yourself.

Do you still want to spend $3000? Because you would have one of the best rigs out there for $3,000 if you build it yourself.

Yes, budget is still $3,000. When it comes to goods I just want the best, like when I was shopping for an xbox360. I could have gotten a 360 PRO, but instead I got the 360 ELITE. Didn't really need it but it was better. So in this case I want something that will blow me away.

look at this post seems pretty good u wont need to spend $3000 just to play games unless u want to overclock very high and get over 20k 3dmark06

Official XS PC Rig Building Guide - XtremeSystems Forums

Intel Sub-$3,100 System (Not Available Yet, ETA: November 2008)

Intel Core 4 Quad Bloomfield 2.93GHz 8MB L3 Cache LGA 1366 130W Quad-Core (2 Threads/Core) Processor - $550
ASUS T6T-VC1 Deluxe/WiFi-AP LGA 1366 Intel X58 ATX Intel Motherboard - $300
G.SKILL 6GB (3 x 2GB) 240-Pin DDR3 SDRAM DDR3 1600 (PC3 12800) Dual Channel Kit Desktop Memory - $450
VisionTek Radeon HD 4870X2 2GB 256-bit GDDR5 PCI Express 2.0 x16 HDCP Ready - $570
2 X Western Digital Caviar SE16 WD7500AAKS 750GB 7200 RPM 16MB Cache SATA 3.0Gb/s Hard Drive - $260
2 X Western Digital Raptor X WD1500AHFD 150GB 10000 RPM 16MB Cache SATA 1.5Gb/s Hard Drive - $350
LG Black 2MB Cache SATA 20X DVD±R DVD Burner w/ SecurDisc Tech - $25
Thermaltake Armor+MX VH8000BWS Black Aluminum / Steel ATX Mid Tower Computer Case - $135
CORSAIR CMPSU-1000HX 1000W ATX12V 2.2 / EPS12V 2.91 Power Supply - $270

SubTotal: $2,909.99

Total w/Shipping: $3,099.99

Since I will be buying this around December. I think I can get this rig. What do you guys think?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom