flow rate and temps

Status
Not open for further replies.

veedubfreak

Golden Master
Ok so i rerouted my cpu loop because i had it going pump > cpu block > rad > res > repeat, to now its pump > rad > block > res > repeat. But at the same time i turned my pump down from 3 to 1 on both loops. And it seems as though both loops have gone up about 10C. I did nothing other than remove and remount the blocks on the gpu and turn down the flow. Could the flow rate really make that much difference in the temps i'm getting in my loops?

Yes, it's simple Thermodynamics... If it's possible to be simple.

You slow down your flow, there for the fluid is sitting long in the hot zone and getting overall hotter, so the delta T, difference in temp is less,, so it absorbs less.

Your setup also can cause issuyes.. before, the heat woul be expeled right after its added, Your rad is your best cooling, then still have more time to goto room temp, and dumped into a larger mass, furher reducing the temp.

Now, you have the hottest fluid dumpuing into your larget mass, thus raising your initial Temp, So really, your rad is cooling not hot fluid, closer to room temp, and it doesn't do that well.

Go back to your old settup. and it should work better.

Actually thats backwards. The radiator is going to cool the water right before it goes into the cpu block therefore the coolest water in the system should be the water coming out of the radiator. The way i had it before, the heat dump from the pump was going into the cpu block. I think i just didnt get a good mount.

How much heat is the pump putting out? Has to be less than the cpu?

Is your rad chilled? If not it will only cool to room temp, which your resvoir should be at. SO you aren't cooling before you go into the block, if you are its very minimal.

And infact that way it should be increasing the temp of your resivoir fluid... Thereby decreasing your cooling.

Thermodynamically, your old way should be better, unless the pumps hotter than your cpu.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom