p45 mobo

Status
Not open for further replies.
i havent had to contact them yet about anything...
but i do agree that the cooling is better...
and it has solid capacitors, and it has 16 phase (deluxe does, pro has 8 phase)...

matt...dude how can you say that? based on the one guy that got the WR FSB OC? i dont know if there are any kind of test results comparing them both...if there is, i havent seen them. i could get 500fsb easy stable on my pro, i havent tried anything on the deluxe yet...lol im too busy posting on tech forums right now

I can say that from my experience. I own a Biostar p45 and it has been great. I know that ASUS is focusing on "green tech" right now and not on performance. I'm not saying ASUS is bad, but right now Biostar's boards are better.

im not saying that the biostar is bad, i almost bought one myself....it was a tough decision between that and asus. what sold me was the expressgate feature (which rocks thanks guru) and the 8 phase (on my pro) and 16 phase (on my deluxe). most people will say, "meh...that doesnt make a difference..." well, it does. certainly when you are way overclocked and coming off a full load, it helps.
but what im saying is that you guys seem to think (and so does newegg apparently) that joe blow is going to buy this mobo and hit a 600+ FSB. it aint gonna happen like that. typical results will be very close to the same i BET. i have YET to see anyone that isnt a website reviewer hit that high on the biostar...ie no normal overclockers like us. im not saying they arent there, i just havent seen them.
zmatt i know what you mean....you want to recommend what you own and know works, i feel the same way.

Well we can agree to disagree. Really I need to grab me a Xigmatek cooler and go farther. I know I can hit 4ghz with 410fsb and 1.350 voltage. That would be a new personal record.

Toms Hardware was only able to get the P5Q-E to 525mhz which is significantly slower for than the 612mhz I have seen in reviews of the I45 much less the 675mhz record.

Overclocking - Tom's Hardware : Intel P45: The New Chipset Lacks Progress

Intel C2D E8600 E0 First Look and Biostar P45 OC 612MHz on Air!!! - TweakTown Forums

I can boot at 600mhz

but yes they are both great boards....in fact I was going to buy the Biostar but got drunk and unexpectedly ordered a P5Q and Q6600 :/

Nothin I regret though, it's a great board and will last me til Nehalem is affordable....so a good 4-6 months I suppose?

yeah i'm about to buy the biostar and the e8500, because i bought my new 22" monitor and my computer can't handle it... i get like 9fps on css, 15fps on eq2, and my 3dmark06 score was like 330!!!! lol don't know if i can wait for nahalem.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom