New to OCing

Status
Not open for further replies.
ok

first: go into cpuz, and tell me your voltage
second:go into core temp, and tell me your vid and temps

Were going to start with ocing your cpu, then move on to the gpu.
You really need to find out if you have the stock heat sink or a different one. Because with the stock you are not going to get far ocing.

CPuz Voltage- 1.200V
Core Temp - Vid @ 1.1500 V
Core 0 - 49 C
Core 1 - 48 C
Core 2 - 45 C
Core 3 - 46 C

The temps are constanly fluctuating as you probably know, but its basically by one degree up or down lol. As for the multiplier - the bios itself says that the multiplier is at 8x, but CPUz AND that nVidia program you told me not to use say its at 6x. Im probably getting ahead of myself, but im confused with that

ok, you are definitely on your stock cooler with temps like that. Your vid is pretty good, and ur voltage is a little high for stock clocks, buts that's ok. yes the temps are constantly fluctuating. It says 6x because intel speed step is on, you can turn this off in the bios, as it some times hurts ocing. Don't ask me where in the bios as it changes, but it should be somewhere near where u overclock.

For now i need to get some sleep though, so we shall continue this in the morning.

Hehe, okidoke, thanks. Cya tommorow =)

Just so you know, i turned the intel speed step off, and CPUz still displayed 6x as the multiplier (but sometimes would flip over to 8x for a sec then back), but the core temps were a bit higher, so something happened that increased processing yet not the permanent 8x multiplier. That nVidia program showed the 8x though. just a small fyi =) thanks again, cya in the mornin

^it's not bad. I think there might be another setting with intel you have to turn off maybe, but im not sure as i didn't have to turn off anything other then speed step.

Meh, the multiplier is 8x in all the important programs cept CPUz, and even with that it more often than not displays 8x rather than 6x. im not too worried =)

sometimes cpuz can give bad readings.

Anyway, just so you see what this will do, go into coretemp and look at the speed, remember it. Now go into your bios and up the fsb 50 (if it is a three digit number,) and 100 if it is a 4 digit number.

before you do this tell me what it is at before you change anything.

I would suggest getting a third party heatsink with TX-2 thermal grease before overclocking, just to be on the safe side. I recommend a true, xigamatek rifle, or vendetta 2.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom