Building comp need help

Status
Not open for further replies.

xkrazy

Baseband Member
well i'm thinking of building a new comp mines getting old basicly i use my comp for games, download, flash, photoshop and other stuff
the comp specs i'm going to build is

ASUS "K8N-E Deluxe" Nvidia nForce3
AMD Athon 64 3200+
2x Kingston 184 Pin 512MB DDR PC-3200
Seagate Barracuda 7200.7 200GB 8MB
ATI Radeon 9800 PRO 128MB DVI/VGA/TV-Out

yea thats about it i hope i didn't miss anything and 1 question whats the difference between OEM and Box?

oem = original equiment manufacturer . . .

basically, a retail box comes with the cables, software, drivers, etc

oem just comes with the product, usually in an anti static bag and doesnt come with cables or software, usually

well, in some cases . . .

like, oem version of windows is good

some people like oem cpus so that they can install their own heatsinks and such

i'm not accually going to build this comp i'm just going to a store and say "hey this is what i want and build it for me" lol yea..another question came up while i was typing this its how do i check if they have given me the right product i want. lets say i wanted a 9800 Pro video card and they charge me at that price but they gave me 9600 Pro

wow, you must live in a very untrustworthy area :p

most cards have the name right on it, so i would just open the case afterwards (or have them show it to you)

also, there are some programs you can run on your comp which tell you the complete specs, so you know that they dont cheat you . . .

btw, is there any reason why you are having them build it instead of you . . .

because you save money, and you cant get cheated

well i don't really want to build it becuase i'm only 14 years old and didn't take any lessons on how to put things together and set it up

yea that question came up because one of my dad's friend went to see wats wrong with his old comp because soemthing was fcuked up and the guy at the store said oh you have to change your hdd inorder for your comp to work so he changed it and then the next day he went to pick his comp and my dad's friend saw his old hdd on another guy's comp

the reason i go buy it there because he charges a little cheaper than any stores in my area

Check out PC Mechanic theres a good tutorial on building your own computer easily. It'll show you what you need to know to open that sucker up and check out all your parts.

xkrazy said:
well i don't really want to build it becuase i'm only 14 years old and didn't take any lessons on how to put things together and set it up

i was 14 when i built my first computer, and the only "training" i had was an online how to step by step guide

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom