After Transferring Rig to New Case, Having Boot Problem

Status
Not open for further replies.

Scionix

Baseband Member
Hey guys, after buying a new case and moving everything over to the new case, I'm having a problem.

Basically, I have everything plugged in and whirring nicely, but when I turn the computer on, I get to my motherboard boot screen (del to go into bios, blah blah blah), but it just sits there. I'm not exactly an expert, so I'm having trouble figuring out the problem. I'm thinking my hard drive or DVD drive isn't plugged in right, but after fiddling around I just can't seem to fix it. My DVD drive also seems to be not receiving power, which could be it. But that's just my hunch. Any help?

I have a ASUS M2N SLI Delux Mobo.

I should also mention that the "beep" that happens when I normally boot up is nonexistant.

Could really use some help here, especialy since warhammer preview weekend is on and I would like to try it :(

I've figured out how to clear CMOS, and I tried it, but no go :(

I can't get into bios either, I dunno if it's because my usb's aren't working or it's just stuck. Really could use some help here :(

holy crap that worked, but now I'm getting a

"disk boot failure, insert system disk and press enter"

>.<

Any help? >.>

It also seems like my DVD drive isn't getting any power (I can't open it, no green light).

It's definitely plugged in correctly, I have no idea what's going on.

Ugh.

Hello,

Disk boot failure means yoru hard drive is not hooked up correctly.

Best bet. Check ALL your connections. They seem to have come loose or not been securly seated when you transferred to the new case.

Cheers,
Mak

Alright then, I'll look at my hard drive again.

I think my DVD drive is borked as well, it won't get any power/open, but my other one will >.<

Is it necessary to have a DVD drive hooked up to the HDD cable on the mobo?

Alright, going to check my HD......

Hello,

No it is not necessary. IT could be that your jumper settings are incorrect as well. Check that out.

Cheers,
Mak

Alright, I hooked my HD right to the PSU, still no go.

Any way to tell if it's broken?

Jumper Settings are in BIOS correct?

What should I look for?

Hello,

Jumper settings are right on the hard drive. Not on the BIOS. they are the little things on the back of the hard drive when using IDE.

jumpers_master_closeup_cr.jpg

You can not have both devices hooked up as Master. 1 has to be master and the other has to be slave.

Cheers,
Mak

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom