Laptop for school

Status
Not open for further replies.

dark strike1

In Runtime
Well I am mostly looking at a laptop for school, I still want it to be fast though, not one of those slow bulky laptops that take 5 mins for windows to load, and all laggy when trying to go through menus in windows. I dont really have laptop knowledge, just desktop :p I don't have a price range but I am leaning towards $500 and under.

Hello,

The same things that you use for desktop applies for laptop. For $500 and under you will not get what you are looking for. There wont be many laptops out there for less than that amount that can eun Vista fluently. Your best bet might be a Dell Vostro.

Cheers,
Mak

Yeah I knew the technology was the same, but the brands I didn't know which were better or worse in the laptop department. Anyways, what would you recommend for a low cost laptop that will run without "lag." -Excluding any prices

Hello,

Asus, Dell, HP, Toshiba...the list is endless really. IT just comes down to you finding the laptop that will fit your needs. A Core 2 Duo with 2GB of RAM and a dedicated Video card will be your best option.

Cheers,
Mak

I'd say shooting for under 700 would be a bit more realistic. I paid for $730 for my vostro, so one with a lesser video card would probably be under $700.

Meh, video isn't great, but I guess for 600$ you can't expect anything extravagent from a laptop. If you're only planning to do school work/email/internet browsing or w/e else that should be fine once you clean it up and everything, but if you were going to anything more intensive i wouldn't recommend it.

I do know that we have quite a few sales every week on laptops, usually a nice one with 3 Gigs of ram with a C2D is around 550-650. However below the 500 mark you are not going to find any real "nice" laptops without the lag.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom