Major Graphics Problem

Status
Not open for further replies.

Qwerty84

Baseband Member
I have a GeForce 8800 GTX runnin Windows XP and a Asus P5B Deluxe Mobo. And Acer
17" LCD monitor

Ok I'll to try to explain as best I can. I had WoW minimized, when I came back my
screensaver was on, and when I try to turn it off by moving my mouse it just froze.
So I did a soft reboot and when windows booted the whole screen was all scrambled
colors. Also during the boot screens before windows boots there are all these symbols
running across the screen F, divide signs, approximate signs... I managed to get into
Safe Mode reinstall the graphics driver, run virus scans, basic stuff. Nothing worked much,
best I can get is now in running windows fine, everything else fine except WoW now
gives 'Failed to find a suitable display device', but with blue swiggly lines running across
the screen and pairs of yellow dots vertically when I disable the graphics card. Also the
signs still there when I boot. I'm out of ideas of what to do or what could be wrong.
If I reenable the graphics card windows shows up scrambled colors again.
So i'm thinking the the graphics card but what could be wrong with it? Is it hardware
or software? At least I can still get the internet but I can't play WoW anymore.

RMA it if you can...its likely a card problem. you may see if you can use rivatuner to up the fan control. it may be getting too hot, but what you are describing sounds like the graphics memory taking a dump, to me.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom