Monitor HELP!!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Im using the cable with the funky looking pins, which im almost sure ISNT VGA (by default that's DVI, no? hehe). The only other computer i can connect it to is a laptop which i would have to use a DVI--> VGA filter for, so then i cant completely reproduce the scenario i have with my desktop. Dell is sending me a new monitor free of charge, so for now ill put up with this infuriating one and see if the new monitor fixes the issue, with new cables and crap. If not, i sware i am going to walk up to Mr. Dell himself and smash the monitor on his head. even though its frickin beautiful. And luke, how do i reset the GPU? Thats just about the only thing i haven't tried =) And a badly seated GPU sounds like something a techie could fix, not me the moron lol. I know its probably really simple, but opening this tower up and wiggling crap around scares the crap out of me. If its a possibility, though, what should i try?

ok, it's not hard. And is quick

take off ur side panel. Unscrew you video card from the case(1 screw, it may not be screwed there though, it could just be clamped, and ae sure ur monitor is not plugged into it when u do this) now while gently pulling away from the motherboard holding the gpu, with your other hand, by the pcie slot there should be a little plastic thing that's holding the card in place, move it out of the way and pull the card out. Now line it up and put it back in, and re screw it. And put the side panel back on. Plug in the monitor and see if that fixed the problem. All of which should take less then a minute.

Before you do this you should unplug the power cable from the back of the tower, and click the power button to discharge any remaining electricity. Also before touching the card, place your hand on a metal part of the case with ur feet firmly planted on the ground to minimize the very slight risk of static discharge onto the components. Also you should have your feet on the ground while doing this, and you should not be on carpet.
You don't really have to follow these things to prevent static discharge, ll half the time im in my computer i don't touch the case and am on carpet and don't have the feet on the ground and i have never had a problem, but it's always good to do.

Like always finding anything at my place is a frickin disaster, so i think i have a screw driver MIA lol. I disconnected everything, opened it up, tried to pull the gpu out, forgot about the screw, saw it, then said "meh, try tomorrow", pushed it down a bit, and reconnected everything. i THINK the problem is fixed now, but im so OCD i cant even notice sometimes lol. It does look a smidge crisper to me =). But maybe it had more to do with the a debris or something in the cable then my half-*** try of pulling/pushing the GPU lol. My sister noticed something was off also, so tomorrow ill sit her down and ask her if she sees a change. If not ill just wait for the new monitor, its gonna be here in 3-5 days, and its a free try anyways =) thanks for your patience and help ^-^

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom