New to OCing

Status
Not open for further replies.
i am pretty sure that all dell pre builts, and well pretty much any other pre builts have an overcloking lock threw the bios. So i doubt there will be dark strike1.

i am pretty sure that all dell pre builts, and well pretty much any other pre builts have an overcloking lock threw the bios. So i doubt there will be dark strike1.

Yeah I was pretty sure about that as well, but I didn't know whether or not Dell has changed their evil ways :p. So in other words it is only safe to overclock the video card.

^yes. Overclocking the video card is quite easy, and quite safe if done right. First off, don't use the program provided. Download rivatuner, then we will go from there.

Yea, i went in through the BiOS and right now everything is set as Auto (which basically seems like a locked in number), but i can change it to "Linked" which lets me put the values in for everything. Only thing i didint notice (or wasnt looking for, sorry ^.^;;) was fan speed. As for ATItool, isnt that something specifically used for ATI? Or is it a general tool? Im up for overclocking everything, cuz obviously i would want my comp to run that much better. CPU and memory are probably the big things, but if i can squeeze more performance out of my GPU, might as well, no? =)

wait, can u set that to Manuel? ( just for were sure, can u change the fsb speed, just typed in say 366 and hit enter (don't worry, it won't change the speed immediately, u have to save and exit then reboot to take effect, so don't do that, just exit with discharging changes.)

Well, the three options given are Auto (that locked kinda thing) Linked (where you adjust the FSB MHz and it adjusts the memory itself) and Unlinked (where you can adjust everything yourself). I was able to play around with the numbers just fine using the + and - keys =). But just so i know that its all normal, when you say 336, its equal to 1336 right?

i said 366, and it depends on your motherboard. So u can change everything, voltage, fsb, dram everything? I'll be da**ed. a dell that isn't locked.

I actually asked the dude i was on the phone with and he said that Dells used to be locked, but haven't been for a while (a while could mean 4 months or 4 years, i have no clue lol). Now the over-clocking begins? I'm all ears =)

first off i want you to download a bunch of programs.

Prime95
cpuz
Coretemp
Riva tuner
super pi
(with the mod)
and if u like 3dmark06 for benchmarking

Okay, i got everything cept 3dmark06. I would really like to get this, but all the sites i tried downloading them from had the bandwidth of a coffee stirrer lol. That can wait till later though =). Next step sir? :D

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom