Monitor HELP!!

Status
Not open for further replies.

JLL_Med

Baseband Member
Hey, i don't know if i posted this in the correct section, if not please direct me to Monitor's R Us =). I know Tech-Forum-ites have a slight (as in slight i mean deep deep deep) hatred for all things Dell, and if you help me solve this problem you have my full permission to add this to your list of "Why I Hate Dell" items :D

Okay, here is my dilemma that's driving my insane. My monitor is currently a Dell SP2208WFP thats absolutely gorgeous. Its running at its optimal setting of 1680x1050 Reso with 60hz of refresh, on an nVidia GTX280, but something is wrong!!! I cant put my finger on it, but my letters aren't as crisp as they should be, and some even have a reddish slight tint/hue that drives me up the wall. I called Dell and they tried to help me but they basically said im an OCD psycho lol. I know what i am, but i ALSO know that this monitor has SOMETHING wrong. Any ideas what it could be? Maybe its the monitor malfunctioning on a hardware level, or maybe its some of the specs i have it on, but im about to shoot myself cuz i see it everywhere lol. HELP ME!! =)

it probably came with a tool to fine tune the colours, my samsung did. Do that, if it has one. What colour bit do u have it on? it should be on 32bit.

The Dell dude and me tried everything lol. It is set at 32 Bit, 96 Dpi, we toyed around with an insane amount of resolution/color/gamma combos, and nada. It was so frustrating. My brightness, gamma and contrast is at 50%, for some odd reason i cannot tweak sharpness (which im SO sure is the problem), and im using the Nvidia GPU for scaling.

Well, the monitor itself (you know, the little buttons on the screens edge) allows me to set the sharpness at a value between 0 and 100 in increments of 75, but the program i use through the computer itself (the nVidia Control Panel) doesn't let me tweak sharpness for some reason, the slider is grayed out.

It doesn't fix the problem, im thinking it has to be something on a hardware level, because that dude and i literally tried EVERYTHING and tons of reso/refresh/color/gamma/brightness combo, and nothing.

Have tried it on another computer? I wouldn't think a video card produce that kind of problem. A stupid question. Are you using a VGA or a DVI cable? Nobody would use a VGA cable on this nice monitor would they?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom