whats the difference 9800 G92 or +

Status
Not open for further replies.

Dauntae

Fully Optimized
I'm looking to upgrade from my GeForce 7950 512mb and was looking at the GeForce 9800 GTX+ 512MB but there are some good deals on the GeForce 9800 GTX(G92) 512MB. What's the difference between the + and the G92? I find both with close to the same core clock and price so what one should I be looking at for my next card. I'm not a heavy gamer but would like some cool graphics, Just updated my brothers with the new driver and COD 4 looks so much better and runs smoother. He only has a 8600GTX 256MB and my 7950 used to look better but now his has so much more depth with the 177.83 installed....Can't use that on the 7 series so what one is better.

Thanks guys
Dauntae

WOW that was a fast answer. Thanks, So I guess I'll go for the 9800+...Now to figure out what brand name to buy LOL I've had good luck and used the lifetime warranty from XFX with no trouble so I might get there card. Just hope my PS is up to it. 480w rosewill

Thanks again
Dauntae

It's all about the amps on the PSU...try to find out how many it has. I think it'll handle it as long as you stay with a single card.

XFX and EVGA both have lifetime warranties..I think they both ( I know EVGA does ) have a step-up program that you can trade in your card+pay the difference for the upgrade card. Those always come in handy. If you don't plan on doing that I would say just go for the cheapest card or the card that comes with a game.

Thanks, never over clocked but there is always a first time LOL tempted to order tonight LOL will go for the cheaper one.

Dauntae

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom