Building a computer : How well will this run?

Status
Not open for further replies.
You should be able to max out all settings on nearly every game except Crysis or Age of Conan.

Also, just a word of advice, if he charges over $600 for that build, I would not accept that. Those prices (not including XP) come to a total of $530 including shipping on Newegg. Now if he is a system builder like myself, he should have a distributor that gives prices cheaper than Newegg and therefor $600 for that build would near a $100 profit for such a low budget, 2 hour build job. Plus, there better be a good warranty offered. It's still up to you if he does end up charging you more than that, but over $600 would be a major rip off and you would be better off just learning to build it yourself. It really isn't hard at all and will obviously save you some money depending on the situation.

2 hours? it only takes you two hours to build a system and test everything for stability and install drivers and make sure everything works properly?
i run p95 and many many passes of memtest and ati tool artifact checker and orthos and loads of other stability/graphic testing programs. that in itself takes almost 2 days...
not to mention testing all the peripherals, HDD, sound etc...
i've built a few systems, and have yet to complete a build that had good wire management and appearance in 2 hours. let alone a computer that i would feel confident (from my standpoint...i want it to perform like it would if it was MINE) shipping off to someone.
im not trying to flame you, im just pointing out to the OP that if it is a reputable builder he will have a considerable amount of time invested in the system and yes, that is worth money when you do it for a living (or a hobby and computer parts like i do :))

2 hours? it only takes you two hours to build a system and test everything for stability and install drivers and make sure everything works properly?
i run p95 and many many passes of memtest and ati tool artifact checker and orthos and loads of other stability/graphic testing programs. that in itself takes almost 2 days...
not to mention testing all the peripherals, HDD, sound etc...
i've built a few systems, and have yet to complete a build that had good wire management and appearance in 2 hours. let alone a computer that i would feel confident (from my standpoint...i want it to perform like it would if it was MINE) shipping off to someone.
im not trying to flame you, im just pointing out to the OP that if it is a reputable builder he will have a considerable amount of time invested in the system and yes, that is worth money when you do it for a living (or a hobby and computer parts like i do :))

Nagsama I think he meant like a normal computer. For you know, web-surfing, gaming, and etc. Not some freak of nature that can stand Prime 95 for 168+ hours.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom