Buying a new GPU got a question...

Status
Not open for further replies.

C0RR0SIVE

Golden Master
So, how would a HD3850 perform on games such as FEAR, and COD4??? I currently have a x1550 in this tower, and it SUCKS, can't play them games at minimal settings, my laptop plays them for the most part, but I would like my desktop to be able to play them, also what is everyones opinions on Crucial Ballistix Tracer 2x2GB DDR2 800 with 4-4-4-12 timings... I am getting this all for like $200 on the egg... And I would like opinions before my purchase...

It's not a bundle, I am just buying that RAM cause of some strange restart issues I have been having... The GPU, well, I can't really go over $100 on one, and I rather stay away from Nvidia right now, they sorta remind me of Intel...

Get a 3870 512MB GDDR4 Open Box if you can. Cause I been seeing those on newegg recently and they're under 100$.

By the way if your looking for a card about 100$ or so. Keep this in mind.

Cards to look at are the 9600GSO, 8800GS, 9600GT, 3850, 3870 (if you can find it open box), and even an 8800GT. Anything other then those you should avoid and more then likely will have slower ram and much less powerful cores.

you can sometimes find 9600gt's, even 8800gt's on sale for just under 100, wait for sales and you should be able to get one.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom