Think im to far behind to upgrade need advice!

Status
Not open for further replies.
like others have said, dont do sli/crossfire when doing a new build unless you are re-using ur previous gfx card, or the top of the line gfx card isnt good enough in which case you would sli/crossfire that. You will be fine with a single 4850 or 4870.

Anyone tried? Vigor Gaming Monsoon II Lite CLT-M2LI LGA775 CPU Air Conditioner Cooling System

I am still leaning towards crossfire...

Quad-Core)Intel® Core™ 2 Quad Q9550 @ 2.83GHz 1333FSB 12MB L2 Cache 64-bit

700w Tough power Power supply Quad SLI ready

Asus Rampage Formula Intel X48 Chipset CrossFire FSB1600 DDR2/1066Mhz Mainboard w/GbLAN, USB2.0, IEEE1394, & 7.1Audio

Muskin Value Select 2g x 2 (not sure about this)

ATI Radeon HD 4850 PCI-E 16X 512MB Video Card x 2

Single Hard Drive (500GB SATA-II 3.0Gb/s 16MB Cache 7200RPM HDD)

LG 20X DVD±R/±RW + CD-R/RW DRIVE DUAL LAYER

SONY 16X DVD-ROM

CoolerMaster Cosmos S Gaming Full Tower 420W Case w/ Transparent Side Panel

Take it easy on me first try in years!

Looking to upgrade for New games specifically mmorpgs and shooters and would like to be able to play blue rays and movies on a HD TV(not looking for exceptional quality). I am also looking for this upgrade to last me a few years like my last one did.

IF I did get the top of the line one I have listed could some one please give me some ideas for Power supply, Hard drive, Memory (want 4g at least), and video card(s) depending on price might get 2 right off the bat? Was looking at 8800 GT or something similar and would like to be able to run SLI and 2 cards if I want to buy another card later on.

Rule number 1 # don't spend 2,000$ on a rig that will decrease 50% within two or three years.

Do you mean 50% loss in value or performance? My concern for resale is 0. Ill play it till it stops performing and upgrade or replace it. This stuff moves so fast ill want to replace it by then.

Besides I been working full time and going to school full time school for 18 months straight. I think I deserve a little slurge on myself. :D

Time to relax veg out with my new toy.

Rule number 1 # don't spend 2,000$ on a rig that will decrease 50% within two or three years.

he means that the parts you put into it will decrease in cost (if you bought them new again) by 50% in a couple years. like i bought xms2 ddr2 ram last year for 300 bucks and now you can get it for like $57 with a $30 MIR ...lol bringing the grand total to 27 dollars.
i say go for it. there will always be something to wait for...and something better and faster around the corner.
thats how i feel about it.

Yeah im not one those people thats always on the cutting edge. And I wont be upset because the new style chip, video card etc comes out in a few months. I always just thought that was the nature of building computers cutting edge last about 3 months.... Haha

This should be enough eye candy for me for at least another 2 years... I play mostly WoW and other MMORPGs so even my old computer meets the minimum specs by alot, this is way over kill. But I was way into FPS before MMORPGs so I want to be able to handle them if I get the urge.

To make a long story short my last one was built in early 05 and I have replaced only my Burner in that time. No worries here.

Thanks for the information and support!

he means that the parts you put into it will decrease in cost (if you bought them new again) by 50% in a couple years. like i bought xms2 ddr2 ram last year for 300 bucks and now you can get it for like $57 with a $30 MIR ...lol bringing the grand total to 27 dollars.
i say go for it. there will always be something to wait for...and something better and faster around the corner.
thats how i feel about it.

I wish people would stop linking and recommending Asus P45s, the Biostars are cheaper and better and are quite reliable.

I'm still up in arms about motherboards. P45 vs. x48. I'm leaning towards the x48 motherboard because of the ability to daul GPUs at 16x speeds compared to the p45 running them at 8x speeds.
-So if you plan on buying just one single Graphics card and never plan on upgrading then get a P45 board, if you plan on adding another card after prices drop get a X48 board.

I was also looking at getting a Q6600 because of all the great reviews and overclocking abilities. But then the Q9550 drop crazy in price and seems more logical to get.

Finally ATI is king of the graphics card world at this moment in time. The HD 4870 video card is an awsome card (under 300 bucks), and they just released a daul gpu card called the HD 4870x2 which is know the king of all graphics cards. but it is 550 bucks right know.

-I would either get the new hd 4870x2 or a 4870. Or wait for the new 1 gig version of the 4870. What ever your price range is the Ati 4000 series is where to shop.

The P45s have 2 Pcie 2.0 slots at 8x, that means they are the same speed as Pcie 1.0 16x. Plenty fast for dual cards.

well, i haven't used the biostar, but i've used the asus p5q pro and the p5q deluxe....so thats what i will recommend. if its okay with you lol.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom