Dell Configuration

Status
Not open for further replies.

nawvidahmed

Beta member
Hello,

Wondering if I could get some input on what kind of deal would be the best for me, Dell desktop or HP.

Me and my Wife will be using the computer for excel work, trading stocks, movie burning/watching, and some games. I used to play world of warcraft, so I might actually get back into that once the new expansion hits.

So with all that in mind, I was thinking of a dell desktop, because it was just economical and it usually includes a 22"+ monitor. Thinking Quad core processor, 3gb, 500gig, and the defualt graphics card.

I had a question about the graphics card, would be better to get the default graphics card and upgrade soon after I receive with a premium graphics card or just get the one dell has
ATI Radeon HD 2400 PRO 128MB for a extra 60$

Can you fit a premium GEforce graphic card in the slot for a dell?

OR

Get a HP with this config

Windows Vista Home Premium with Service Pack 1 (64-bit)
Intel Core 2 Quad Q6600 @ 2.40GHz
4GB DDR2 System Memory
750GB 7200RPM SATA
512MB NVIDIA GeForce 9500GS, DVI-I, VGA, HDMI
ATSC-NTSC TV tuner with PVR, FM tuner, remote

price is comparable but no monitor....

So what would be better go with dell and basic graphics card and buy a graphics afterward.....go with HP and buy a monitor afterward?

What would be best is to buy your own parts and build a pc yourself. You will save money and get better quality parts, building is also really easy.

If you have to buy dell then you would probably want to replace the graphics card if you do any gaming as they have a habit of giving you a medicore computer with terrible graphics.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom