8800gts 512 >>> Hd4870 ??

Status
Not open for further replies.

Merkwürdigeliebe

Benevolent Cake Despot
What do you guys think? I can pick one up for about $260 (NOT with MIR).. I can sell my GTS.. ah i dunno.. I don't really feel like I'm lacking in performance hardware-wise.. maybe in Crysis just a little.. I mean I play at 1680x1050.. argh, it's just eating at me! but I know it's not necessary! Just please tell me something to justify me getting one, or at least talk me out of it.. argh, lol

edit: oh btw, hi again after a long while ;)

ok, i'll talk you out of it, you know you have enough power to do what you want, so stick with it for another six months, because you know in six months new cards are going to come out that will make your 4870 feel like a paper weight. :)

But on the other side of things if you upgrade constantly your old hardware is worth more because its still good. So you won't have to spend as much on each upgrade and have up to date stuff all the time.

^trying to convince him not to buy one lol

ya same, AMD even said the RV870 is gonna be 20-30% faster then the RV770. I'm gonna skip the HD 4870 x2, even though it is 2-3 times more powerful then mine. Plus, i dont have a fast enough CPU, n im still kind a choking my card's performance. Plan on getting a 45nm Phenom.

I hear ya, I did 3dmark on stock settings and it was choppy as **** w/ the X2. Then when I oc'd to 3.6 it was smooth as buttah

What do you guys think? I can pick one up for about $260 (NOT with MIR).. I can sell my GTS.. ah i dunno.. I don't really feel like I'm lacking in performance hardware-wise.. maybe in Crysis just a little.. I mean I play at 1680x1050.. argh, it's just eating at me! but I know it's not necessary! Just please tell me something to justify me getting one, or at least talk me out of it.. argh, lol

edit: oh btw, hi again after a long while ;)

Hi dude, Yo, msg me on steam we haven't played together in a while!

Ya, and don't upgrade. 8800 gts is a *****ing card, you don't need to.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom