Monitor Question

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ventriac

In Runtime
Can anyone tell me what's the difference between these 2 monitors and which one is better.

Samsung - 22" Widescreen Flat-Panel LCD HD Monitor - 2232BW+

Newegg.com - SAMSUNG 2253BW Black 22" 2ms(GTG) DVI Widescreen LCD Monitor with HDCP Support 300 cd/m2 DC 8000:1 - LCD Monitors

thanks I appreciate the help.

I was going to get the one at newegg, but than looked up bestbuy, because i'd rather drive to the store and pick a monitor up rather than ordering it, due to shipping and carelessness. so figured best buy might be a safer route.

Both look the same to me.

Here are the actual samsung links if you want to look:

New egg monitor

Best Buy monitor

I would personally go with the new egg one. I think it just looks slicker. Also you get free shipping with new egg and they have a $20 rebate going on.

I got my samsung from new egg and went with UPS ground. It was delivered on time with no dings or scratches.

And you won't be disappointed in the monitor, I love my 226bw (older samsung 22").

But looking at your specs, you might want to upgrade your computer if you expect to play any new games on 1680x1050 resolution.

hope that helps,
darkop

Hello,

Of those i would say the Samsung. 2ms with a 8000:1 contrast ratio. That is good. My 22" Westinghouse has 2ms with 3000:1 ratio and it is crazy. That would be jsut fine. Plus the specs are a bit better than the Acer.

I have a Samsung 930BF that i have used and still use as my 2nd monitor. Great monitor. No dead pixels or stuck pixels in the 2+ years i have had it. Was my monitor till i got this 22" WS.

Cheers,
Mak

Alright, if anyone has any recommendations on 22" monitors in general, brands don't matter I plan on ordering the monitor tomorrow morning.

Hi,

First things first, there is no industry standard for contrast ratio.
one manufacture's 3000:1 may be another's 1000:1

2nd, Dynamic contrast ratio is pretty much a trick... like factory OC'ed gfx cards
they take 2 monitors, one with underpowered back light lamp. one with fully powered, regular lamp,
and they measure the black on the underpowered one, and measure white on the regular one. there is your "dynamic contrast ratio"
why do they do that? that makes the numbers look larger. making them look better to the general public.

are you really going to under power your monitor during regular use? do you even know how?

I suggest looking at static contrast ratio... then again refer to "no industry standard..."

best way to compare monitor is to find respectable reviews... or go to your local electronic store yourself and compare in person :)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom