Status
Not open for further replies.
"Finally, I can compete with agex000s - Brooke Burke!!"

mad.gif

rolleyes.gif
biggrin.gif

xotix said:
nice, very nice.
agex and koldapu how long does it take you guys to boot into windows??

Once I hit any key (set to power), it's like less than 5 seconds literally.

thats exactly my story sithspawn. actually before you posted about it i didn't even know of gentoo, thats y i'm asking all these questions about it.

yeah i was gonna put that in brackets underneath that post but i wasnt entirely sure (know its the same for mandrake). but yeah, it woudl be rather stupid for them not to have support for things like SATA and RAID since they are becoming so common.

haha. yeh i didnt know of gentoo either till a friend put me onto it a couple of months ago. converted from mandrake and i definately prefer it. Although saying that, i havent encountered a version of linux that i dont like. At my uni they were using debian last semester, and this sem they are using redhat - fedora core and i like both of them. (last yr were just using plain redhat)

sithspawn said:
yeah i was gonna put that in brackets underneath that post but i wasnt entirely sure (know its the same for mandrake). but yeah, it woudl be rather stupid for them not to have support for things like SATA and RAID since they are becoming so common.

I have a diskette with the SATA drivers for my South Bridge (VT8237) - But the only drivers their are for different versions of the Windows platform.

no, you dont need to load the drivers from a disk. the kernel that boots with the livecd will have automatic support for them. you can actually throw all your driver cds out when instlaling linux (dont) cause its generally all built in or downloadable.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom