8800gs SLI???

Status
Not open for further replies.
the 680i i had was overpriced, but nothing wrong with it really, overclocked my q6600 to 3.4 and even 3.6(temps were too high). for a board that old i was happy. the ease of overclocking due to the amount of features was good too, they are not really that bad, just not worth the money unless u need to sli.

7 series have the worst vdroop of any board ever made. seriously...look it up. lol i may be exaggerating a little...but it is terrible and its terribleness is well documented.

i've never had a problem with my board. and to that other guy, no 9600 and an 8800 would not SLI together. you need the same series, aka 8 series 9 series together.

stay awaaaaaaaaaay from the nvidia chipsets dude. just my two cents.
I kind of agree, epically since SLI just doesn't seem worth it atm.

I decided so I dont have to deal with SLI, since some games arent compatible, doesnt scale well for some games, Ill just sell the 8800gs, and buy a 9800gtx since there only 200 now, cheaper probably by the time I upgrade. Put it in a 750i SLI board still, then in the future when i feel my computers weak for the games of that time, I can add another 9800gtx for sli.
If you get a 750i board, make sure it's the 750i ftw. But by the time your ready to sli 9800gtx it probably won't be worth it... I would just get a p45/x38 and grab a single card to ride out with until your ready to upgrade once again.

7 series have the worst vdroop of any board ever made. seriously...look it up. lol i may be exaggerating a little...but it is terrible and its terribleness is well documented.
The 750i ftw is a pretty good board, I haven't heard of any vdroop on it. The rest of them I hear are horrible.

ricanflow:
yes, thats what i mean.
thresh:
you have an AM2 mobo. no problem with them (especially the 590, awesome chipset)...just the intel 7 series.
guru:
yes the 780i that i sent back (and thankfully got a refund for instead of exchange, i guess spending **** loads of money at newegg helps sometimes lol) was absolute garbage. it looked FANTASTIC though, lol...but id had the worst vdroop i have ever even heard of, let alone seen myself. thought about the FTW, but evga is the only one who makes that and you know how i feel about them, meh.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom