new rig

Status
Not open for further replies.

baron5

Fully Optimized
i got my new rig going, all ive got to say is, amd is great!

anyway i managed to get my be @ 3.4ghz for now only ran prime95 for bout 40 mins, seems pretty stable. i rekon i might be able to push more, im gettin about 30c idle (42c load) with my true 120. not bad for a $90 mobo (AUS)

a warning for anyone who buys the same mobo as me, the blackplate will not fit with a true 120 xD i found out the hard way. instead of screw mounts coming from the backplate they use clips, so there was nothing for the true to screw into. i ended up using the bracket for the 775 and my own srews with springs from clothes pegs. got the job done. just. lets just say the screws are not exactly straight.

prob becuase my mobo isnt the most mainstream one, i get wierd reportings, everest only has amy hdd temp, speed fan has chipset and cpu, but says my temp3 is 90c goes up to 118 wen 100% load on my cpu for. not sure wat it is, becuase i know my chipset and cpu are reight (compared to bios), and gpu-z says my gpu is at about 36c idle. core temp also says my cpou is at like 10c xD

also with my 8800gs, its not working with atitool, it wont let me select clocks etc, on other forums, other ppl seem to use it fine. so i been using riva tuner but so i have to just play a game to test stability i guess.

With all those issues, seems like its not a good rig after all.

a 380 W power supply? you even plan on upgrade your pc?

Nice cheap computer though.

Are you using vista 64? It might be an issue with ATI tool - i dont think it worked for me but that was a while ago. Also i got this from their site:

"Latest NVIDIA non-WHQL drivers with some G8x cards not supported"

With all those issues, seems like its not a good rig after all.

a 380 W power supply? you even plan on upgrade your pc?

Nice cheap computer though.

Watts don't matter...

But I think he's selling it soon for a Nehalem

prob wont sell it, ill just keep it and upgrade when nehalem. theres not really any major problems, im happy with my 3.4ghz overclock. thats wat i expected. the only annoying things is how all prgrams give me different reading, but i just go by bios anyway.

the only other things i was gonna say is, since my temps are pretty good. how much voltage do u rekon should be my cut off point?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom