Make integrated gpu use maximum memory?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Millenniumtiger

In Runtime
I have laptop that has the integrated 965 chipset. Is there any way that I can make it use the maximum amount of ram? I know it is supposed to, but when i try to run cod4, my ram usage isn't even higher than it is normally.

I have Vista HP sp1
3 gig ram
c2duo T5750

Hello,

Integrated chips can only use up to 512MB. This is all controlled in the BIOS. I have not seen any integrated GFX that can go up to 1GB or more yet. But you will have to adjust it in the BIOS.

Cheers,
Mak

Hello,

If there is nothing in the BIOS for you to adjust them amount of RAM dedicated to GFX then yes. You are outta luck. Sorry.

Cheers,
Mak

Sometimes you can adjust this in your display properties using your graphics options (Display Properties > Settings > Advanced...) but I'm not sure if the Intel gpu can do it. And Toshiba BIOS' are notoriously simple, they lock out all the good stuff for some reason.

Hello,

Right click on your desktop>properties>Settings Tab.

Cheers,
Mak

yea it doesn't give me that. Gives me the intel stuff instead...

Cuz the problem is that I play cod4 on here, and I get 20fps avg which isnt bad all things considered, but under information, it is only using 230 mb of ram, when it says the max it can use is 350mb. big difference and i am sure that I would see a performance gain as well

and yes, its vista...but i think its an Intel issue

Hello,

For Vista you would right click on the desktop>Properties. Under the Aero interface where you can select the color you will see the option at the bottom to get the classic menu up. That should be the display properties menu like we described. This is from memory. So it might be off by a click.

Cheers,
Mak

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom