which linux and were to get?

Status
Not open for further replies.
U-Toast said:
haha, its the best part.. a remote control for tv.. :D

a remote... LOFL!!! That makes it so much better. Do you have a link of the original pic??? I have to see this! :D

Hey U-Toast, which flavour and version of Linux did u decide to go with?

well, what professional version would you recommend for a 32-bit pc (the laptop in the sig - in red)

okay gentoo definately comes in a free 64-bit version and i posted a link to it in a post above. and i like gentoo because it is very configurable (every aspect provides you with choices) and it is very user-friendly. I have also read that it is one of the faster versions of linux (although i cant verify this).

and agex - the process that takes awhile is if you want to install EVERYTHING from source. this gives you a very fast and efficient system, but takes a long time as everything has to compile from scratch. Of course, you can just install a pre-compiled image of a system, but then that defeats half the purpose of installing linux. Also, installing the GUI (graphics user interface) takes quite awhile too. I think my installation of gnome took over 12 hours but it was awhile ago so i cant really remember.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom