8 Core Nehalem release??

Status
Not open for further replies.
wow, what could you possibly need all that power for?

3D rendering. It utilizes as many cores as you have, so in rendering having 4 cores IS 4 times as fast as a single core - its all parrallel.

Oh well, might look into getting a server setup (which will probably be ridiculous with server mobo, ddr3 ram etc. price) or just get a new quad. They are supposed to be 20-30% faster, and have 8 threads...

3D rendering. It utilizes as many cores as you have, so in rendering having 4 cores IS 4 times as fast as a single core - its all parrallel.

Oh well, might look into getting a server setup (which will probably be ridiculous with server mobo, ddr3 ram etc. price) or just get a new quad. They are supposed to be 20-30% faster, and have 8 threads...

8 times the 3D rendering! I remember back in the day when pixar made toy story, that was really impressive, now, these cg films come at a dime a dozen. when will we see it do some impressive work like iron man, transformers or the dark knight. or are we talking ps3 games that take 4 years to load onto the hard drive and pc games i have to upgrade to vista to play? I like the server idea, that seems more professional, more logical, but really on a consumer level that's way to much power.

I wont need a new mobo to support 6 to 8 core Nehalems if i can support the 2.9ghz Quad version thats being released this year will i?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom