Building a computer : How well will this run?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Sorry about that vernong, i was going to dinner and writing fast, now that i read it again it sounds harsh and i thought afterwards that it will always give him room to upgrade.

~Congratz on 100 Kudos btw :)

P.s, It wasn't suppost to rhyme.

yeah a 4850 e7200, would be a great build, alot better than the original rig. dont worry about your phobia, part of building your first rig is learning, its so much better to know you build it yourself.

I use a 500 watt power supply and it's plenty for my needs. Also, if you're trying to save money, a 4850 isn't even necessary. I got a 8600 GT 256MB and I max out UT3, BF2, and M2TW with AA on.

Honestly, a lotta places charge markup prices on machines, you have to take in account, they pay taxes, they need there own pay, then they have to pay rent for the shop and electrical. So if someone wants to build a computer and have to deal with retailers on there own then meh, if they want a shop to build it and take care of the retailers and RMA and so on if something fails then yea...

A 8600GT isn't the best card, for the pricing you could probably pick up a 8800gs which performs a lot better.

A 8600gt performs just a little worse than my card (x1950gt) except the 8600gt has DirectX10.

it's not a good card correct, but my point was that even with that half-decent card, I still play all these games on their highest settings. so if hes on a budget he doesnt necessarily need a 4850

But then why not get a 8800gs. Same price basically, you could probably even pick up a 3850 which is better.

8600gt is a good card, whoever thinks it's not is stupid, but why not get a card that's a whole lot better for an extra $30~

Newegg.com - ASUS EN9600GSO TOP/HTDP/384M GeForce 9600 GSO 384MB 192-bit GDDR3 PCI Express 2.0 x16 HDCP Ready SLI Supported Video Card - Desktop Graphics / Video Cards

or if you like it in a pretty case

Newegg.com - EVGA 384-P3-N966-TR GeForce 9600 GSO 384MB 192-bit GDDR3 PCI Express 2.0 x16 HDCP Ready SLI Supported Video Card - Desktop Graphics / Video Cards

Wow the Asus is even cheaper than a 8800 GS! Time to find that corner and start crying!

it's not a good card correct, but my point was that even with that half-decent card, I still play all these games on their highest settings. so if hes on a budget he doesnt necessarily need a 4850

If he can afford a 4850, then its best he gets a 4850. Due to the simple fact that it will last him the longest and even if it is a bit "pricey" at the moment. It will be worth it just cause it will last him a couple of years.

since your shopping from canada, buy from ncix.com, and price match your items from directcanada, but don't buy from directcanada, they have bad shipping, slowshipping, and i have had bad experience with their customer service.

Don't buy from tigerdirect, or canadian computers as there shipping is very bad also.

Ncix is the way to go in canada once price matched.

@vern, newegg.ca is opening sept 22nd

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom