Can you people recommend me a quality Cheap external DVD burner/reader?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ric0h

Over and Above Person
I really just need a reader, but if the burner cost around 5 bucks more then its no problem.

Can you people recommend me a good one? I have never bought an external dvd burner/reader

look into the memorex brand, they have several external drive models, ive been using mine for 2 yrs with no probs. I dont have the model name handy...sry.

hmmm...... Do they break easily?

So nobody here has an external dvd drive?

OR atleast know of one that is reliable and cheap?

Why don't you make one?

Buy a normal DVD-RW Drive, then get the encasing, its cheaper and you have a better say in what you get. (just get one in the prefered interface you want)

Untitled Document

OMG OMG OMG!!! vernong your a life saver man.

Any clue where I can get that external enclosure? and is this really that easy to install?

So just get the 5.25 external enclosure and connect it to a dvd drive?

So I guess the question is now, which external enclusure is the best one to get?

Newegg carries a lot of them, just look up enclosures on it, also XPCGear.com had some nice deals on them when I used some spare Laptop drives to make some Mini-External Drives

Newegg carries a lot of them, just look up enclosures on it, also XPCGear.com had some nice deals on them when I used some spare Laptop drives to make some Mini-External Drives

So I am getting any brand will do? Do I undestand correctly? All I need to do it put the dvd drive into the enclosure thingy?

Newegg.com - Galaxy METAL GEAR 5202UC-Black 5.25" Black USB 2.0 External Enclosure - External Enclosures
Will this work this dvd burner?
Newegg.com - LITE-ON Black 20X DVD+R 8X DVD+RW 8X DVD+R DL 20X DVD-R 6X DVD-RW 12X DVD-RAM 16X DVD-ROM 48X CD-R 32X CD-RW 48X CD-ROM 2MB Cache IDE 20X DVD±R DVD Burner - CD / DVD Burners

works the same as a external hdd pretty much.
yeah. those will work fine together, both are IDE interface, which will be converted into a usb to plug into your computer.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom