Have 1066 but only reading at 800 RAM

Status
Not open for further replies.
Sup man, I also have the DS3P, and when I tossed in my crucial ballistix 1066, it would only recognized 800 same as yours. So I have a strong feeling something is wrong with the motherboard.

You got revision 2.1 too? Does your ram have a heatsink?

I never got to increase the voltage, because I din't knew I had to press Cntr 1, and it just blocked everything so I left it that way.

Yeah the ram has the heatsink on it.

What do you mean by revision 2.1?

Also for some reason my games are really slow now.... not sure if by upping that voltage ive cause cpu damage? Anyone?

hi there,

found this thread through a google search.

i'm in the same boat. i have an MSI P6N Diamond which supports the memory speeds, but i too have 4 x 1GB sticks of Corsair XMS memory 1066 but only runs at 800MHz.

i've manually changed the timings to 1066 and upped the DRAM voltage to 2.1 (suggested voltage) and Windows will load and run, but will freeze up on me about 5 minutes into it.

my friend, (who's probably not the best person to cite sources) says that it can't be done to run at those timings and it will always downclock to 800Mhz.

i've picked up the same kit, only this tme it's a 2 x 2GB kit and hopefully this will fix it. i'll let you all know how it turns out.

*if you're running a 32-bit OS (i'm running Windows Vista Ultimate-32bit), you will notice that it's only utilizing 3.0GBs. with a 2x2GB setup, you'll be able to utilize a bit more up to 3.5GBs. i'm hoping this will correct my situation and run at the desired timings

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom