RAID 1 (Mirror) and XP Professional

Status
Not open for further replies.

sjm1027

Baseband Member
Hello,

I have had to reformat my hard drive because I thought it was the best way to get out of a mess I got myself into. You know the computer from HELL day.
I have a RAID 1 (Mirror) configuration and really want to keep it. This system worked for over 3 weeks flawlessly and all of a sudden I think I had some software issues or graphic card issues. I then did a memory check and the disk corrupted my system.
So I am at ground 0 and I can't even load XP Pro into my system.
For some reason it thinks there is something on my drive and it is in a loop of booting, then it formats my drive, then it thinks there is a windows folder on it still and askes me to write over it. I say ok to let it write over it and I never see any graphics it just reboots and repeats the whole process over and over again. I am loading the software correctly I see the license agreement but it never starts to load just goes in and copies the 3rd party software like it should then it writes some files on disk but in a dos type enviornment. I never see the black XP screen in this whole process.
Do you think it is seeing the mirrored drive? Any ideas?

11 hours between last night and today... I need a drink!

Thanks for any help you may have.

Steve

So you mean boot using xp pro disk and then where do I type in fdisk command? Do I do a repair or try to get into a dos type enviorment? Can you tell me more?

Thanks for helping out
Steve

If your drives are mirrored then its probably seeing the old operating system on the mirrored disk. You can try what mdshort said and get yerself a Windows 98 se boot disk HERE and run the command - fdisk /mbr, when you get to the a:\> prompt.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom