8800gs SLI???

Status
Not open for further replies.

spikoman69

Daemon Poster
Currently rocking one, and I was thinking when i upgrade to a quad in the near future, after the release of the new intels, how would picking up another 8800gs, 750i SLI, and q6600?
How well do you think it would scale in sli? Single 8800gs get about 11k in 3dmark06 when paired with a quad, and I cant seem to find any benchmarks of an sli setup tho.

SLI 8800gs should do the around the same as an SLI 8800 GTS 640, or slightly better than 320s. So maybe look out for an SLI setup of those, or take a 8800GT SLI setup and take off say 10-15% percent average and you should have an idea.

I would think you would be looking at around 15-16K, maybe 17K for an overclock. Then again i dont have any experince with an 8800GS, so i dont know how well they scale. Im just guessing on how well they perform as single cards.

The fact that I have no benchmarks or nothing to go off of, makes me afriad to spend the 110 dollars on a new card, just to have it scale horribly and seem like a waste.

You can sell the 8800GS and get a 9800GTX.

You dont have to buy new either, 8800GT's are going used for $80-$100, just gotta
know where to look.

I decided so I dont have to deal with SLI, since some games arent compatible, doesnt scale well for some games, Ill just sell the 8800gs, and buy a 9800gtx since there only 200 now, cheaper probably by the time I upgrade. Put it in a 750i SLI board still, then in the future when i feel my computers weak for the games of that time, I can add another 9800gtx for sli.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom