new build helppp

Status
Not open for further replies.
What are some of the differences between desktop graphics and workstation graphics if you don't mind me asking.

^^ I think the main difference is workstation graphics are optimized/designed for rendering while desktop graphics are made for gaming.

If you want to build a system now I would get an Intel p35/p45 motherboard since they are more stable and do no suffer from video corruption issues like nvidia motherboards.

Newegg.com - BIOSTAR TForce TP45HP LGA 775 Intel P45 ATX Intel Motherboard - Intel Motherboards

If you are willing to wait a month or two I recommend waiting for Core i7 (nehalem) and getting a x58 motherboard. It will be 25-50% faster than the current 45nm quads clock for clock and you should be able to fit one in your budget.

lol aspire, u didnt clarify at all so don't try to act like you're so smart.

4. Under the system requirements it says 4gb of ram is required for Vista. If that's the case then 8gb seems like a fairly reasonable thing to go for

You said 4gbs required for system requirements. that was it. not that his software on vista requires that.

So I spread no wrong information. Don't be a jackass and change what you're trying to say after being proved wrong. Anyways I'm done on this thread get what ya want.

How was I ever proven wrong?

You should have took the time to read my post carefully two lines above it I said

3. Looking at the system requirements it seems that ATi graphics are not supported. Which is a much better reason to go nvidia than you gave. Look at the Nvidia Quadro line of graphics cards for the work you require.

Reading that should have been enough for you to get that I wasn't talking about Windows Vista Requirements.

And seriously, do you see me as such an idiot as to recommend 8gb's of memory to run Vista well?

And where have I ever changed anything I've said? Sure I didn't realize until my second post that ATi graphics were unsupported, but every single thing I've said has been the truth and I stuck by it.

If you go onto the website, what tab are the system requirements under?

Oh, thats right, System Requirements...

Stop trying to make me look like the dumb one and post some useful advice.

here is the build i came up with:

Two of These
Seagate Barracuda ES.2 ST3500320NS 500GB 7200 RPM 32MB Cache SATA 3.0Gb/s Hard Drive - Internal Hard Drives

CORSAIR CMPSU-750TX 750W ATX12V / EPS12V Power Supply 100 - 240 V UL, CE, CB, TUV, FCC, CCC - Power Supplies

Patriot Extreme Performance 4GB (2 x 2GB) 240-Pin DDR2 SDRAM DDR2 1066 (PC2 8500) Dual Channel Kit Desktop Memory - Retail

ASUS P5Q WS LGA 775 Intel P45 ATX Intel Motherboard - Intel Motherboards

Intel Core 2 Quad Q9550 Yorkfield 2.83GHz 12MB L2 Cache LGA 775 95W Quad-Core Processor - Processors - Desktops

PNY VCQFX1700-PCIE-PB Quadro FX1700 512MB 128-bit GDDR2 PCI Express x16 Workstation Video Card - Workstation Graphics / Video Cards

Vista 64 Business

Antec P182

here is the build i came up with:

Two of These
Seagate Barracuda ES.2 ST3500320NS 500GB 7200 RPM 32MB Cache SATA 3.0Gb/s Hard Drive - Internal Hard Drives

CORSAIR CMPSU-750TX 750W ATX12V / EPS12V Power Supply 100 - 240 V UL, CE, CB, TUV, FCC, CCC - Power Supplies

Patriot Extreme Performance 4GB (2 x 2GB) 240-Pin DDR2 SDRAM DDR2 1066 (PC2 8500) Dual Channel Kit Desktop Memory - Retail

ASUS P5Q WS LGA 775 Intel P45 ATX Intel Motherboard - Intel Motherboards

Intel Core 2 Quad Q9550 Yorkfield 2.83GHz 12MB L2 Cache LGA 775 95W Quad-Core Processor - Processors - Desktops

PNY VCQFX1700-PCIE-PB Quadro FX1700 512MB 128-bit GDDR2 PCI Express x16 Workstation Video Card - Workstation Graphics / Video Cards

Vista 64 Business

Antec P182

Don't buy ASUS if you want a p45, get a Biostar. They hold the record right now and they are quality boards.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom