SERIOUS overcloking problem-crashing

Status
Not open for further replies.

Thresh25

Daemon Poster
Okay, I have a 2.1ghz AMD x2 processor, and on the stock fan I OCed it to 2.3 without any trouble. I didn't want to push it so yesterday I got a huge (barely fits in my computer cm to spare) 120 mm, copper pipes, leading to a huge heat sink. Xigmatek HDT-D1264 CPU Cooler CAC-DXHH4-U01 CPU Cooling for All Intel Socket 775 and All AMD Socket AM2 CPUs 120mm PWM Fan-Best Computer Online Store Houston Buy Discount Prices Texas-Directron.com

So I OCed it to 2.4ghz last night with the new cooler, by raising the FSB from 220 to 230. Now after playing in a game for awhile, the CPUs were at 13 and 15c(cool right?), but after in the game for awhile it would restart my computer. Then at one point last night during the restart, it would make 3 beeps and not start. First beep was longer, "BEEEEEP, beep beep." It was very loud and I'd have to turn the computer off and then it'd prompt me to a screen I've never seen before saying there was an error in the load and to default my settings. So now I have my FSB back at 200.

Is my fan the problem? Since it is in the game maybe its a video card problem. I did have to unplug the gpu when installing hte fan, but it's back in properly. Or maybe is my motherboard uncapable of going past 220mhz for the FSB. I have no idea what's wrong but it is very annoying.

1 long beep and 2 short beeps for Award Bios' , is a Video display error. Check to make sure its seated properly, or that it hasent been damaged by any OC'ing that has been done.

so in other words make sure its all the way in or whatever? So me raising my FSB should have nothing to do with it?

Yep very sure, this fan is huge man. I use coretemp and that's what it says. Now I know how to up the FSB, however I don't know how to adjust voltages. What do I have to do, and are you sure the problem just isnt what HellFireRS said?

What is your ambient temperature? Unless its 13c (55F) or lower where your computer is those temps are wrong.

All right I can probably figure it out, but how much do I raise it. I "underclocked"?? it back to what it originally was, and I've had no problems tonight. I'm gonna mess around with it some more I guess.

The temps are right I think, core temp has it at 10c and 12c and I just got out of gaming about 5 minutes ago. nvidia monitor has the CPU temp at 28c, but I think thats both of them together.

it's not physically possible to have ambient temp of say 25C and your cpu is @ 15C, it's just not possible, not on this earth, unless you're using water cooling or some other form, your air temp is 25C there for your cpu temp is no lower, only higher.

Ok, you're basically saying this, if you put a huge fan in the middle of the dessert, polar bears are going to be migrating to arizona and las vegas..

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom