comp died. dont know what the prob is :(

Status
Not open for further replies.

siddanth3

In Runtime
i come back from work, and my turn on my comp. it goes up to the boot screen and then says that it cannot detect to the sata drive. idk, whats wrong with it. i thought it was my hard drive, so i got a new one, but it still doesnt recognise it. although it killed both my hard drives. i tested it on my friends comp, and both died. so i am thinking that the mobo is dying out and is also killing my hard drives. what do u guys think.

i dont know whats wrong with it. would it be the motherboard??

my comp was originally dell, i changed almost everything in it, except the mobo

any suggestions
thanks

Hello,

A mobo wouldnt kill a hard drive like that. That would be more towrd a PSU sending power spikes. What PSU are you running? It is very strange that 2 hard drives would be killed.

Cheers,
Mak

the powersupply i am using is a dell stock powersupply.

initially i had 2 hard drives in it. they both died, i tested it on my friends comp. then i bought another one, and it still doesnt recoznise my new one. i dont know if the new one is dead, but it doesnt recognize it. could it be the sata ports on the mobo or somewhere else??

Hello,

It could be the SATA ports on your mobo but the drives would then work in your friends PC. It could be that the PSU isnt powerful enough to run the hardware.

Cheers,
Mak

well, i was thinking that the sata ports might be corrupt on my mobo and thus killed the drive.
well, the psu has handelling it fine for the past 4-5 months.

lets see whats others think of this issue.

Powersupplies usually tend to detonate moreso than just slowly die. When you say the hard drives wont work on your friends computer, do you mean they wont boot? Or the bios cant see them.

ok, i tried a different hard drive. and it stil didnt work. i also swithched the powersupply. idk what to do :(

when i turn it on. it shows the dell boot up logo and then it beeps twice and this is the messege that comes after the beep.

"Drive 3 not found : Parallel ATA, Pata - 1, (PRI IDE Slave) Stike the F1 key to continue F2 to run the setup utility"

i his F1 and nothing happens. i just have to restart after this point.

plz. help would be highly appreciated.
thanks a lot

Hello,

Are the drives SATA or IDE? Do you have SATA Enabled in your BIOS?

Cheers,
Mak

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom