4870X2 vs. 4870 CF vs. 4850 CF

Status
Not open for further replies.
probably because less strain on the NB and also they're arent really any good 2x2gb kits out there. Most of them use Powerchip IC's. I have 4x1gb but I only use 2 right now because I know w/ 4 I won't be able to clock as high

If you or anyone else bought an AMD quad cored cpu right now and OCed it like 20-30%, you wouldn't be able to feel the difference to a intel quad core CPU OCed the Same percentage.

But ATM Intel is the better buy. how many phenoms can get to 3.6ghz almost guaranteed with a low amount of voltage and can get to 4ghz often like the q6600 can?

But ya, I don't want to sound like maroon1 too much defending Intel to the end. Honestly for gaming I don't feel much of a difference between my quad at 2.4 -> 3.8ghz. Maybe programs open a fraction of a second earlier but I could get by easily on a AMD quad core no problem.

But ATM Intel is the better buy. how many phenoms can get to 3.6ghz almost guaranteed with a low amount of voltage and can get to 4ghz often like the q6600 can?

But ya, I don't want to sound like maroon1 too much defending Intel to the end. Honestly for gaming I don't feel much of a difference between my quad at 2.4 -> 3.8ghz. Maybe programs open a fraction of a second earlier but I could get by easily on a AMD quad core no problem.

Hardly any Q6600's new do that anymore.. they now overclock like Phenoms dude...

Too much popularity is a bad thing! Most of their batches are now high VID's, so find a used one if you want one that overclocks well

from 2.4 to 3.6 i felt a difference w/ apps.
Ya, actually I did not realize a difference between 3.6 and 3.8, which isn't surprising... nvm forget it :snob:;). In games I didn't though.
Hardly any Q6600's new do that anymore.. they now overclock like Phenoms dude...

Too much popularity is a bad thing! Most of their batches are now high VID's, so find a used one if you want one that overclocks well
Your telling me if people buy q6600's now they can't hit 3.6ghz with a $30 xigmatek heatsink? Idk if I believe that.

Ya, actually I did not realize a difference between 3.6 and 3.8, which isn't surprising... nvm forget it :snob:;). In games I didn't though.

Your telling me if people buy q6600's now they can't hit 3.6ghz with a $30 xigmatek heatsink? Idk if I believe that.

Yep its true, not without pumping some good voltage, check out the really recent overclock threads with the Q6600.

it's true most of the later batches only do like 3.4-3.6ghz...I've had about 4 of the newer ones and they weren't bad but certainly not spectacular.

it's true most of the later batches only do like 3.4-3.6ghz...I've had about 4 of the newer ones and they weren't bad but certainly not spectacular.

I'm at a point where I'm just going to recommend the Xeon counterpart of the Q6600, or just recommend dual-core

I'm at a point where I'm just going to recommend the Xeon counterpart of the Q6600, or just recommend dual-core

The Xeon counterparts are the same.....and I would recommend a 45nm dual core anyway.

With "ok" voltages and a decent air cooler? Because then that's not too bad.

I was under water but temps were not a problem...highest voltage for 3.6ghz was 1.49v

These were all 1.3250 or 1.3125 VID chips.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom