Finally gonna buy, final check

Status
Not open for further replies.

dude112

In Runtime
Well, my old computer is shutting down part by part so I'm finally going to buy a new one.
My build is in my sig.
I'm not interested in sli or crossfire and i hear RAID doesn't make that big a difference so the mobo i picked should be good enough. Please correct me if I'm wrong :)
I'm from the Netherlands and use this site to find my stuff Tweakers.net Pricewatch Prijzen
My budget is around 1200 euro's but i think it's a bit more expensive over here than in the States so converting euros into dollars doesn't really work.
The build that i currently have is around 1100. No OS needed.

few questions:
Q6600 still the way to go?
Does the OCZ Vendetta 2 require a different method of applying thermal paste because of the groves between the copper pipes? I read somewhere that paste didn't spread well with the Xigmatek Rifle/Achilles because of those groves...
Do I need to buy any extra fans for the CM690 and are the fans that come with the cm690 loud?
Is it possible to burn 2 discs at once with 2 burners without any problems (buffer underruns and what not)? Can i apply different cpu cores for different burners?

On the q6600 question, Its one great processor. I upgraded from a E6400 2.14ghz. I have the Q6600 overclocked to 3.5ghz with a Zalman 9700 cpu cooler and its totally solid and runs around 28-32c idle +10c on load.

Q6600 is fine, good for multitasking and with a bit of overclocking is a pretty strong CPU (even without it is still decent).

The motherboard you have is fine.

Other question i can't really answer with a "correct" answer.

Well, I've ordered all in my sig. Added 1 casefan Scythe slipstream 1200rpm just in case and Arctic MX-2 (Tuniq tx-2 wasn't available).
CAn't wait to build for the first time.

I've got 4 casefans in total how do i position them? googleing a bit shows that many that ask this have more then 4 fans. should i get some more?
I was thinking about 1 on the bottom, 1 front as intake and rear and top as exhaust with my cpu hs blowing up.
No fans on the side panel.

Honestly, nobody really need's over two... one in the front of the case sucking in cool air, while the 2nd will blow out warm air

^^^that depends on what kind of airflow/pressure you want, my friend.
if you want negative, you need more CFM going out than in (plenty of dust through every crack and crevice, but cools excellently and eliminates hot spots), more coming in than going out with positive (about the only benefit is less dust in case, which you should be cleaning on a regular basis anyway lol).

Well finally built my system. Took a while since the OCZ 2 was out of stock everywhere here in Holland. Cablemanagement was a ***** with the tx650, maybe just because i'm a first timer.

q6600 was indeed a 1.325 Vid :( running 3ghz on stock volts atm.
Anyways, is gpu-z a reliable app to check my ati 4850 temp? it idles at 69 and 105-110 on load. That seems a bit high, esspecially since the sapphire toxic has a custom cooler (zalman vf900-cu). The heatsink doesn't feel hot to the touch either.

cpu runs 51, 49, 47, 47 on load while priming about 20 min, will let it run alot longer off course. Is that as high as it gets on these settings? idle around 35 (using coretemp, realtemp shows lower reading by 5 degrees C)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom