Computer randomly stopped working

Status
Not open for further replies.

blackhydra866

Baseband Member
Well it appears the $1000 gaming rig I was talking about buying on here has just stopped working . I was playing Team Fortress 2 last night when the ingame-sound started looping over and over, and the entire computer actually froze. After that I got a BSOD and the computer restarted itself, and then it couldn't boot past the motherboard logo.

So I figured it might have been overheating so I opened up the side panel and put a fan to blow in there while I was sleeping. Today when I boot it up it gets past the motherboard logo and then the screen with the whole bunch of stuff and "Verifying DMI Pool data..." . After that screen goes it just stays black and I can't do anything.

Well the sort of good news I guess is that I CAN access the BIOS and all that good stuff still. Well thanks in advance to anyone who can figure this out.

uh..I can't really diagnose the problem without clear specs on the pc. If the pc stopped working, was there any blue screen after the sound looped or anything like that?

well if it's saying verifying dmi pool data..and it won't physically 'move' past anything, try going into the bios and setting your boot device from to the optical drive and reformat your pc. might be a corrupt file during the firstwindows install, so format the hard drive. also, check all of your connections to the motherboard and hard drives, it's hardware related.

uh..You can check your cmos to verify that your hard drive settings are correct.
reset your bios if the above doesn't work then if you reformat and run into the same problem, then you might want to try another hard drive.

I'm sorry my answer is so disjointed and un organized :/

Hello,

What did the BSOD say? That info will prove to be information that we need to help you diagnose what the issue is.

Cheers,
Mak

uh..I can't really diagnose the problem without clear specs on the pc. If the pc stopped working, was there any blue screen after the sound looped or anything like that?

Yeah I got a BSOD after the computer froze and the sound was looping. Also what specs do you need..?

What did the BSOD say? That info will prove to be information that we need to help you diagnose what the issue is.

Well it only stayed on the screen for a couple seconds and i'm not sure how I could get the info without being able to get into the Event Viewer or whatever.

Hello,

You could try using a Linux LiveCD to get access to the drive. From there go into the C:\Windows\minidump folder and grab those files. Then get them uploaded to a site like Rapidshare, bandongo or sendspace. After that i can analyze them for you. Best option without access to the PC being able to get into a Windows enviroment.

Cheers,
Mak

Alright well I tried in Ubuntu and Puppy Linux but for some reason I couldn't find or access my C: drive.. I rarely ever use linux but I looked through "System" and "File systems" but I just couldn't find my main drive.

I burned slax and ran it.. on the desktop I went to System > Storage Media just as it said but nothing was there.

Crap.

Well I built it myself and is just about over a month old so this is very strange. And i'm running Windows XP.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom