Advertisments

Status
Not open for further replies.
Are you talking about the ads are teh very top? Like with the forum logo? I have checked in IE where i dont have any ad blockers on and i do not see a single ad...

They are ads in people's posts. It almost makes it looks like their signature or something. It's like the google ads at the top of the page, with the little arrow to navigate through all the other **** you don't want to buy.

It's weird cuz it comes and goes. I'll see it on one post and not another, reload the page and it changes who's post it's on.

:)

I'm testing something.

NOTE: the google ads appear in the 1st and last post of a thread for people NOT LOGGED in.

PS. my goal is to NOT turn TF into a blinking bill board, put up ads EVERY where, etc. but i would like to generate some money.... so i'm going to try various things... you might see stuff come and go. I have many ideas and will be trying them, etc.
the google ads test was the quickest and easiest to test.

Obviously, if something is bad, not good, annoying for the members, visitors, etc. That is not my goal --- however, IMO, the ads in the first and last post for non-members what not a bad thing.

Now?
There never was, and I dont see any ads in peoples posts?

Was Larry having a play with a vbull add-on?
It's the only reason I can this of that would cause ads to be displayed in users posts.

Cheers,

~ Tkey

I'v been in the forum game too long ;)

Ahh yes. I see them now. You have to be a guest. And honestly i agree with Larry. They are not that bad. Even a simple Ad Blocker could stop them.

They are not that overbearing. There is just 4 small worded ads in the first and last post. Really can be overlooked easily.

Since you are already a member just log in and they go away. Simple fix really.

Just for everyone to see...

firstpost.png

lastpost.png

AAHH, so I have to log in. Yea, it's not that bad. I just wasn't sure why it was happening, when it wasn't before. Now if I could only figure out how to keep myself logged in cuz for some reason I can't. I'm using the new firefox if anyone knows the seeting off the top of their head.

Just check the box to "remember me" by the login and make sure you have Firefox set to remember your password. Then don't delete your cookies and it will keep you logged in.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom