Deal of the year?

Status
Not open for further replies.

oceanboundtx

Solid State Member
Ok, so I'm a little happy, just got my new system off someone on CL, especially happy since the other system I was gonna buy fell through.

Q6600
780i
4gb OCZ Flex2
2 x 320gb wd
9800gtx
corsair 1000vx
Watercooled CM Cosmos Case
22in Samsung 2ms

$1000. =D

Now, to figure out what to do, since no OS... i have a 32bit XP Pro, but, that seems a bit wrong.

If you use a 32bit OS you'll only be able to use ~3gb. But besides that it would be fine. Vista is ok but nothing special so if you want to save money while being legit I would stick with xp.

Vista Home Premium 64-bit is what you need. It's much cheaper than going for XP Pro 64-bit and will utilize everything fully. I wonder why this guy let that system go for so cheap? He could have gotten atleast $100-200 more if he sold it on eBay. Are you sure nothing was wrong with it? i.e. the plagued video corruption of the 700i series boards.

I think I'll probably end up getting home premium 64, after all.

He needed money for a car. Everything looks legit, he did a great job with the watercooling and I should be getting the step up info shortly as well.

Added up on Newegg, I was at 1700 before even figuring in any of the watercooling.

That's what makes me think there has to be something wrong with it. Even if he just had to sell it fast to get money for a car, he could have gotten a good $200+ more on eBay. Hopefully everything checks out, though.

Ya, hopefully it'll check out alright. The upgrade from my old p4 desktop only ran me about $500 after I sell the box/mon and write it off on my next paycheck. =)

Drew

You could probably build that system for near a $1000.

Looks great though! Personally would have got a different power supply if i was building, but that works out great for you as you shouldn't have to upgrade it for anything unless it becomes faulty.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom