Sound jacks in front

Status
Not open for further replies.

r00ster

Banned
I have a mic and an earphone jack on the front of my case. There is also two usb ports. The usb ports work but the jacks doesn't. I don't use the onboard soundcard (AC 97). I use a Sound Blaster Live Value. How can I get my front jacks to work. I hate to go to the back of my case every time I want plug in my headset.

I am using Windows XP Pro SP3.

Thanks
r00ster

If you don't use the onboard sound card then you will have to run extentions from the back of your sound car in the back to the front of the case. Those audio jacks in the front are connected to your MB allowing your onboard sound to come through the front speakers.

Some sound cards have connecters inside. If you have it you can disconnect the frontpanel connections from mboard, and connect it to the card so that everything is inside the pc.

Sam

I might have misunderstood, but it sounds like you are just having a problem with the front audio jack on your case. For this you have to connect the front audio jack to the front panel connectors, which are usually multiple pins at the bottom right of your case.

Thanks for your help so far, guys. But yeah, I know how to connect my front panel to my motherboard. So grkbar, you misunderstood me a little. The other idea of connecting the front panel to my soundcard on the inside was also an option I wanted to try before. The only problem is, there is no guides on which cable and how. I have it connected to my DVD ROM on the inside, and I remember back in the day, my CD ROM used to have an earphone jack that worked (because my it was obviously connected to my soundcard like my DVD ROM is now). Is there somehow I can connect that same cable to the front panel.

Otherwise, can someone explain to me how I can connect the front panel to my soundcard and with what cable?

Thanks

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom