Hard Drive swap...

Status
Not open for further replies.

grkbar

In Runtime
One of my friends needed her computer reformatted but wanted to keep all of her content on the HD. Is there a easy way to do this if I do not have an extra HD to swap it to for the time being?

how much content are we talking about?

do it the way i do it with clients....

"here is one, count'em ONE DVD to back up all of your important files... anything not on this DVD goes bye bye in T-Minus 10 minutes, time starting.... now."

haha I wish it was that easy, but she has alot of audio, docs, pics and video which takes up alot of storage space. Any ideas?

Um there is no other way to back up data unless you want to use DVD's or an external hard drive. They are your only options

I was just wondering if there is a website or something to upload large amount of data for temp storage or something. But I guess Ill have to buy a cheap hd to temp hold the files then transfer them back. :/

If there is plenty of free space you could shrink the C: drive enough to create a secondary partition. Format the second partition and then move the data over to the new E: (or whatever) drive. You can leave it way or resize it back.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom