Computer Gaming Build

Status
Not open for further replies.
Is there any parts worth upgrading from the posted build or is it good enough to run games on high settings with no problem? I currently have a Dell and I get terrible lag so I want this build to be a huge upgrade. Maybe I should have put this topic in the high performance section?

Is there any parts worth upgrading from the posted build or is it good enough to run games on high settings with no problem? I currently have a Dell and I get terrible lag so I want this build to be a huge upgrade. Maybe I should have put this topic in the high performance section.

It all depends on the game, if you were to play crysis. you will lag on high settings with that build, typically that is a decent build. Also Your monitor is fine, 19" lcd should be good, unless you "want" a 22" lcd. and case is preference you can get any case you wanna get, that's jsut something he recommended that has great reviews. nzxt tempest is also a really good one. plenty to choose from.

It all depends on the game, if you were to play crysis. you will lag on high settings with that build, typically that is a decent build. Also Your monitor is fine, 19" lcd should be good, unless you "want" a 22" lcd. and case is preference you can get any case you wanna get, that's jsut something he recommended that has great reviews. nzxt tempest is also a really good one. plenty to choose from.

The game I play right now is World of Warcraft but in the future I might play SC2 and Warhammer so will the posted build be able to run those games well? If not please post a more appropriate build.

Personally I'd stay with the E8400. I have owned about 10-12 quad core processors and about 10 Dual cores.....needless to say I am back with dual core because:

- the 45nm Dual cores are very affordable
- they perform approx %10 faster clock vs clock compared to 65nm (q6xxx, e6xxx)
- typically clock very high (over 4ghz easy)
- run cooler
- perform better in nearly all games due to their higher clocks and will continue to do so for quite some time

The only reason to go quad is if you like to benchmark or do a lot of video encoding. People will say quads are more responsive in windows for multi-tasking and such but frankly, that's a load of BS. I mean seriously, who encodes a 1080p HD rip while playing Crysis?

In the build I posted if you want to spend some more then a 4870 would be a nice upgrade from a 4850, but would be wasted on a 19" monitor....and the current build I posted should absolutely own SC2 and warhammer...

I dont encode, but i do multitask like a mofo and my q6600 tends to stay above 50% usage on all 4 cores. So yes, there is a use for it.

Added...
Newegg.com - Logitech G15 2-Tone 104 Normal Keys 29 Function Keys USB Wired Standard Gaming Keyboard - Keyboards
Keyboard

Newegg.com - Logitech G5 2-Tone 7 Buttons 1 x Wheel USB Laser 2000 dpi Mouse - Mouse
Mouse

Newegg.com - Antec Nine Hundred Black Steel ATX Mid Tower Computer Case - Computer Cases
Case

Here is my build so far...any opinions?

The Antec 900 isn't a very good case...

Anyone know what a better case would be? I would also like to look into a 22" monitor and maybe a new set of speakers if anyone has recommendations that would be great. Also what version of Windows should I get?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom