need some help with oc

Status
Not open for further replies.

solidsteve

Daemon Poster
hey guys

i've been trying to get the rig in my sig over the 3.0 mark but every time i set the htz higher to get a 3.2 oc the thing just dose not boot

this is whats set to get the 3.0 oc (sorry about cut and copy on these)

SA400022-1.jpg

volts1.jpg

i'm stuck there and need help getting past this

First of all, I myself, hate vista.
But on to your question. have you tried to adjust your Dram frequency? I noticed it still says "auto". You might wanna see if you can lower its setting to still be within your ram's range. And also, have you tried tweaking your O.S. settings from your desktop? Try and see if you can get the "extra" glitz and glammor to go away. Those extras actually bog the performance. Getting rid of those will really pick the speed and performance up noticably. These are my suggestions that I have followed myself.
Honostly though, you, or anyone else for that fact, will find it almost impossible to raise the mark above 3.0 in windows vista of any kind

But on to your question. have you tried to adjust your Dram frequency? I noticed it still says "auto". You might wanna see if you can lower its setting to still be within your ram's range. And also, have you tried tweaking your O.S. settings from your desktop? Try and see if you can get the "extra" glitz and glammor to go away. Those extras actually bog the performance. Getting rid of those will really pick the speed and performance up noticably. These are my suggestions that I have followed myself.
Honostly though, you, or anyone else for that fact, will find it almost impossible to raise the mark above 3.0 in windows vista of any kind

wtf are you talking about man? i run server 2008 and have a q9450 running at 3.5ghz easy-as-pie. there are LOTS of people here that run over 3.0ghz with vista.
are you talking about the "windows experience rating" or whatever it is?
my wife's laptop with an amd x2 gets a 4 or 5 or something. i can assure you that the rig in solidsteve's sig will get 5.9...
so what does that mean "...impossible to raise the mark to 3.0..."?
plus, if you hate vista, get server 2008. its free and more importantly, you get top choose EVERYTHING that you want to turn on.

steve there are lots of ds3 owners here that can help you with your problem. i cant really...im not too familiar with it. wait a bit and someone who knows what they are talking about will post.

^ thank you i see that post befor and thourght it wasent worth posting after

my system rateing is 5.6 as vista tells me :freak: as if i care i just want to play games

i'll take the advice of the dram i'll have a mess about with them but there a black area for me so any pointers there would be very helpfull

do you have 4x1gb sticks or 2x2gb? Its alittle harder w/ 4 sticks. You might need more MCHv and FSBv. If you have 4 sticks. Try taking two out and ocing the cpu and see if it boots and primes. I know people w/ 4 sticks and get around the 3.4 mark.

i have 4 sticks of 1gb and i want to try and stick with them i dont want to start taking things out ect quite yet

i would love to have it at 3.2 or even 3.4 that would more then suit it fine

ok i put the FSB and MCH volts to +0.3 and i put the cpu to 1.3500 volts

it then posted loaded the splash screen went to a loading screen and sat there for 20mins

i reset the pc and put everything back to where it was after that

I hate Vista as well. No practical improvement, or maybe it allows more time for you to read books before something is fully loaded.
------------
Vietnam Travel Vietnam Tours

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom