Ok need some help, might need some explaining not as experienced as some

Status
Not open for further replies.

Asianyeti

Baseband Member
Ok My computer right now is the gateway gt5032. i just recently got the BFG NVIDIA GeForce 9800 GTX OC2 512MB PCIe 2.0 (for $150 :D)
and it wont fit in my computer case. so i'm just going to completly upgrade the whole computer.
this case, unless you recommed a better one that will be more efficent with space and cooling
Newegg.com - COOLER MASTER RC-690-KKN1-GP Black SECC/ ABS ATX Mid Tower Computer Case - Computer Cases

Some have told me to get a amd phenomx4 or an intel quad core. I want to be able to run the processor at at least 3.0 speed overclocked(i guess you would say). But which one should i get i want a definite answer on which one is better for gaming (WoW, Unreal Tournament 3, COD4 and CS are the games i play)

Also which motherboard would be best for either intel or amd whatever one is better.

I want 4g of ram

i currently have 600W power supply and was wondering if it would be enough for all of this

If youve gotten here in this thread thank you for reading and im sorry to trouble the forums, but im in need of dire help and i dont know anyone that can help me besides the collective knowledge of all geeks nerds and tomcats under one interweb :D:D:D:D:freak:

Probably go with Intel

You would have to overclock to reach 3.0ghz, which is easy with any quad core chip

q6600 would be fine for the games you play

Get a biostar motherboard (can't remember the one and capped so i can't link it)

4 gig is fine and usually recommend now

The power supply should be fine (based on not knowing the model and 12v rail on it, which is the correct way to messure a power supply, i can't say for sure) but it should be fine anyway, if you experience problems you could always buy a new one that is more solid (12v rail, not watts!)

No trouble, it's what we're here for and love doing :p

Ok My computer right now is the gateway gt5032. i just recently got the BFG NVIDIA GeForce 9800 GTX OC2 512MB PCIe 2.0 (for $150 :D)
and it wont fit in my computer case. so i'm just going to completly upgrade the whole computer.
this case, unless you recommed a better one that will be more efficent with space and cooling
Newegg.com - COOLER MASTER RC-690-KKN1-GP Black SECC/ ABS ATX Mid Tower Computer Case - Computer Cases

Some have told me to get a amd phenomx4 or an intel quad core. I want to be able to run the processor at at least 3.0 speed overclocked(i guess you would say). But which one should i get i want a definite answer on which one is better for gaming (WoW, Unreal Tournament 3, COD4 and CS are the games i play)

Also which motherboard would be best for either intel or amd whatever one is better.

I want 4g of ram

i currently have 600W power supply and was wondering if it would be enough for all of this

If youve gotten here in this thread thank you for reading and im sorry to trouble the forums, but im in need of dire help and i dont know anyone that can help me besides the collective knowledge of all geeks nerds and tomcats under one interweb :D:D:D:D:freak:

You'd be better of going Intel...q6600 is faster clock per clock. Watts don't matter amps do, so give specs on the PSU

Now don't expect every CPU to hit 3.0ghz, each is different, so if you don't get there, please don't whine and/or complain about. (I get that a lot and it starts to annoy)

Q6600's have lately getting higher and higher VID's and are overclocking quite poorly. (around a Phenom level I'd even say)

Also consider the Antec 300 which is a nice PSU

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom