4870X2 vs. 4870 CF vs. 4850 CF

Status
Not open for further replies.
I wanted to test multiple CPU and GPU. I am thinking of testing 4870X2 (Quad CF), 9800GX2 (Quad SLI) & GTX280 (Tri-SLI). People can find the QX9650 pretty cheap now. After testing them i was going to sell most of the stuff and keep a 4870X2. I currently have 2 Sony 52" LCD Flat Panel HDTV (1080p) to play games on but the GPU dont have HDMI. Not sure when will i get the money to buy this but I am thinking some month after nehalem so i can see a price drop.

how hard is it to reach 500+ FSB? the 52" have a resolution of 1920 x 1080.

For 52' youd def want Crossfired X2's or 3 way slied GTX 280.

need Skulltrail.

remember that its a tv and its native resolution is a little less then the native resolution of a 24"

but in benchmarks, you really notice the loss of cache on the e7200

woah skulltrail doesnt that mean i need to get 2 qx9775 and the $600+ mobo no ty i prefer getting 2 mobo at half the cost

Whats the MAx resolution of your 52'?

If as he says its no more than 1920 X 1200, than a single X2 is all you need.

Yes, Skulltrail is the only mobo I know of that has 3 PCIE Slots and supports both crossfire and sli..

I would guess for overclocking the 4870 CF might turn out better because there are two cards each with its own dual slot cooling, although im not sure if the X2's 2gigs negates that. It would be safe to go with the 4870X2 though because it should be easier to sell in the future.

stock vs stock the 4870x2 is faster than 4870 crossfired.

This is because the 2 GPUs can communicate with eachother more efficiently as they are not JUST using a PCI-E bridge.

That said, 4870s in xfire will be easier to cool, and therefore reach higher clocks....

how about if i water cool the 4870x2 will it overclock the same as the 4870 Cf watercooled

remember that its a tv and its native resolution is a little less then the native resolution of a 24"

but in benchmarks, you really notice the loss of cache on the e7200

how will cache affect benchmarks? what kind of benchmarks?

Yes, Skulltrail is the only mobo I know of that has 3 PCIE Slots and supports both crossfire and sli..

the 52" TV is a little lower than a 24"

Quad crossfire is yielding almost zero performance increase over a single x2.
Actually I was looking at results on XS and the scaling is pretty good. It's just that no one needs that much power for gaming yet.

A single x2 will defiantly be alright. In fact it handles resolutions higher then that with ease. 2 4870x2's is ONLY for e-peen.

Drizz, Reading one, two or even three reviews is simply not enough, you pretty much have to look at them all to see that 3 way GTX 280 Sli Scales much better than Crossfired X2's.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom