need help with a build-minor gaming and home video editing :)

Status
Not open for further replies.

siddanth3

In Runtime
hey guys,

i need some help picking out parts for a build that will be used for minor gaming, minor video and sound editing. by minor editing i mean just editing my home videos. i dont have a budget but i want to spend as less as possible. i wont be upgrading this comp for atleast 2 years, but after 2 years, i will be moving out of the US, so i dont need it to be that future proof.

I am planning to use my 7900 GS for now. i already have a 20 inch monitor, and a 500 gb hard drive.

so please guys let me know what would be best. i am also considering of doing raid 1 as i will have all my home videos on this new comp, and i dont want to lose it.

main purpose would be for minor video editiing and minor gaming, so i dont think i will need more than my current 7900 GS

thanks for your help.

whoa guys.

7900gs is a good card and really shouldn't limit the build he would get.

A E7200 (as Maroon suggested) or a E8400 would be good along with the motherboard and RAM Maroon linked.

can you guys recommend me a cheap but good mobo for a raid 1 setup. i am planning to use either the e2200 or 27200 or the q6600.

would the q6600 be overkill for my needs??

overkill? depends I would get the e7200 over the q6600, just because it's cheaper and it's going to be better for your use I think. but you mentioned you wouldn't be upgrading for 2 or so years, so i really can't say if the e7200 will be good in 2 years. maybe jump up to the e8400 which is more than adequate for your needs.

any mobo recomendations that is raid 1 capable??
should i even consider raid 1. its just that i lost all my data when my comp crashed last time and i am kinda worried its going to happen again.
well, i already have 2 segate 500gb's hard drive, so should i do raid, or should i make one external?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom