question on a 4850

Status
Not open for further replies.

ApolloIV

In Runtime
so i planned on building a new pc next month and i guess my buddy found a 4850 for a good deal. my question is with my current build i have in my sig will i be able to run it with out bottle necking, or will i see no improvement until i just full blown upgrade?

so i planned on building a new pc next month and i guess my buddy found a 4850 for a good deal. my question is with my current build i have in my sig will i be able to run it with out bottle necking, or will i see no improvement until i just full blown upgrade?

I would reccomend getting 1 more gig or ram, if you are a gamer then most games running online in high graphics will require that. EDIT: didn't realize that was a single core cpu, that will probably bottleneck pretty bad. I emailed logan/albert from tigerdirect tv and they sent me back saying that a 9800GTX+ would bottleneck a little on my current rig. 9800GTX+ and a 4850 are very close in performance so I'd say yours would too.

that's what i thought, well i'm probably going to get it and just use it anyways until i buy the rest of my build. thanks

On more recent games your cpu will be the bottleneck yes. The 4850 will not be able to show its full force, however, you should see a definate increase in performance. Its quite hard to say how much of an increase it will be because its difficult to say how much it will bottleneck, and it also depends on what games you play (ie alot of new ones have mulicore support).

Still, judging from your current 6600GT, i would think you would get at least double the performance on some games if not more - again it will depend on the game.

well i got it and it is an improvement but now i might have a problem, while i was playing wow the screen went black for a good 5-10 seconds then came back on and a window flashed up and asked if i would like to email ati support about this problem! it happened twice in the span of playing for 5 hours. i was thinking it might be my psu, not being able to supply enough power. but i'm also runnin a old rig so it might be other things. or just the card.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom