Computer Build

Status
Not open for further replies.
well there is a lot of debate between sli and crossfire as of the moment ati owns with it's 4870x2 but me being a nvidia guy i prefer sli cause nvidia is always competing with ati/amd so nvidia can only get better with increased competition from ati/amd.

OK, first, sorry for double post and also thanks for all the advice so far. I never even knew about the different ram timings and stuff like that.

Now, I found a new mobo, but I also switched out my CPU for the 2.8 5400+ since it was at an albeit small discount, but $16 discount nonetheless.

How would these work for replacements:
Newegg.com - BIOSTAR TForce TF8200 A2+ AM2+/AM2 NVIDIA GeForce 8200 HDMI ATX AMD Motherboard - AMD Motherboards
Newegg.com - AMD Athlon 64 X2 5400+ Brisbane 2.8GHz 2 x 512KB L2 Cache Socket AM2 65W Dual-Core black edition Processor - Processors - Desktops
Newegg.com - TR2TT TR2-M12 80mm Ball CPU Cooler - CPU Fans & Heatsinks
Newegg.com - Patriot Viper 4GB (2 x 2GB) 240-Pin DDR2 SDRAM DDR2 800 (PC2 6400) Dual Channel Kit Desktop Memory - Desktop Memory

It's knocking me up about $40, but if it'll make a difference, then it'll be worth it.

I plan on getting an HD 4850 in the future, it's a great card. Since you don't want to spend too much, don't worry about SLi. Don't waste your money and a 4850 getting 2 Nvidia cards. That Patriot ram will be nice too. And as far as the Micro ATX goes, I have one, and it doesn't really affect me much. Things are a bit tight, but not to a point of having to worry.

I've heard better reviews with SLI than crossfire, but im an nvidia guy as well. Unless you are eventually going to get a quad core processor, I'd say get a board that can do regular SLI if you ever want to go that route at a later date. The ASUS m2n-e are good boards and very cheap now. I've got one and have had no problems. They can be found for like the same price as that.

Here is a good website with some cheaper mobos as well
Computer Motherboards Abit Motherboards MSI PC Mainboards RAID Controllers - Discount/Cheap Prices Hot Deals Free Drivers-Best Computer Online Store Houston Buy Discount Prices Texas-Directron.com

edit: Newegg.com - Open Box: ASUS M2N-SLI Deluxe AM2 NVIDIA nForce 570 SLI MCP ATX AMD Motherboard

theres the board im talking about

Yeah that was my concern. If I didn't already have the 4850 then SLI would be an option, but I'm already committed away from it.

OK, this is my final check before I place the most expensive online order I've ever placed.

Would anyone mind giving this a glance to make sure I'm not getting something that doesn't make sense?
Google Docs - custompc

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom