Don't make fun of me, but trying to make this best I can...

Status
Not open for further replies.
Doesn't seem like a bright idea to put the hard drive right there? Is that plate for protection? Power Supply at the bottom?

Doesn't seem like a bright idea to put the hard drive right there? Is that plate for protection? Power Supply at the bottom?

I am assuming it is preventing anything from leaning on the casing. Yes, the power supply is on the bottom. The first image is sideways so the left of the image is actually the top of the computer.

So two last things.

1) Should I just stick with the pc5300 memory and buy two extra gigs (only have 1 right now) or should I buy faster memory? I believe you guys said that the speed doesn't make much difference. Friends have told me different but I have never tested it myself.

2) What graphics card do you think I will be able to fit? The new cards are so **** big! I just need something that will make a noticeable difference, I am not trying to play crysis on high lol.

first off, I wouldn't go for one of the pci-e2 cards, they aren't going to fit. second, look up the motherboard. once you find your model, see if you can find board specs online. it'll tell you what types of memory are accepted. if it only accepts up to pc5300 then stick with pc5300. lastly, you can tell what version of windows you are running by going to start-run-(type "winver")

Control Panel > System will tell you if it is 32 or 64 bit. most likely it is 32.
and whats the deal with that cpu fan? lol its krookit. man, does your computer's wiring look like that>.<? if i sent one out the door like that not only would i be ashamed, but my customers would probably send them back.
i do agree with drizzt...pretty cool to get a free computer, though. if anyone gives you grief tell them to stuff it..or go buy you another one hah aha that usually shut the haters up.

I think the vista thing is a hacked version of XP/vista, kinda like a hybrid. My friends Girlfriend has a laptop with "Vista" on it, but it's clearly XP with things like a vista side bar and some other features, it's also turkish (i think the welcome screens in turkish)

Anyway it might be something similar, you could always get a new copy of XP.

like said the pci express slot its same whether pcie-1 or 2 it doesnt matter they are backwards compatible. any ddr800 ram will work and auto downclock to ur other set.

first off, I wouldn't go for one of the pci-e2 cards, they aren't going to fit. second, look up the motherboard. once you find your model, see if you can find board specs online. it'll tell you what types of memory are accepted. if it only accepts up to pc5300 then stick with pc5300. lastly, you can tell what version of windows you are running by going to start-run-(type "winver")

... noooooo

PCI-e 2.0 and x16 are backwards compatible

yhea it looks like a 10in card will fit just as long as you have the power and do come wire management.

I think it is only 250 watts, but I figured it would be okay assuming proper ventilation. The card won't really be all that powerful anyways considering it can only be a certain size.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom