Cruddy Performance?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Drivers aren't the issue... programs in the background aren't the issue. The computer is set up the best way I know how and still the performance is crap. I just do not understand.

I'm starting to believe that it's the ATI card. I mean, my friend has an Nvidia card and basically the same computer and he can play Silent Storm with ease whereas I get pretty insanely slow video response.

Nvidia seems to be more mainstream optimized for games.

As long as my rig will play Half-Life 2, I'll be happy.

i think ur ATI card is not the problem, it beats any of nvidia geforce series (up until fx5950). have u install ur motherboard chipset drivers? u did a win xp clean install, didn't u?

I built the computer... hard drives were new, so yes, clean install.

There has got to be a setting that's wrong somewhere... I mean, this is gay.

Can't wait to get my ABIT just to see if the MB was the problem.

are u 110% shur u installed the 4in1 drivers correctly? 100% isnt enough, i sware! i was 100% shur, and i was wrng :D hehe

your components are all good unless something is damaged its not them. somewhere along the lines you must have the wrong drivers or a bad setting or something. just go through every detail possible and try to pinpoint where your problem is. also have you updated your catalyst drivers.

I know my Catalysts are ok. The only possibility would be the motherboard drivers. I will look into this. I appreciate the info guys.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom