Router Problem

Status
Not open for further replies.

SuxoR

What choice did I have?..
Hey guys I've been having this problem with my router, the user name and password keep resetting themselves. Anyone know why this is happening?

I know the user name and password I set but it stills says it's wrong

Just throwing this out there
Thanks guys

Hello,

Has the router been set back to default? I would check that for sure. I would also make sure that the password and username is hard to guess. Could be that it is getting hacked by a neighbor and changed. Only if it is WiFi though.

Cheers,
Mak

A good thing to do with any router that seems to be having problems is to go to the manufacturer's website and download the latest drivers for the router. Can work wonders some times.

If you know your way around your router then i would reset the entire router. There should be a little black button that you can push with a pen head or paper clip. Hold that button for 20 to 30 seconds and the router will reset itself. At that point you will have to log onto the router via hard wire connection (192.168.1.1) and type in the default user name and password (usually admin/admin, or admin and no password). At that point I would automatically setup a STRONG password on your router. Then call your ISP and get your setup instructions from them (entering your default gateway and what not). Then go in and setup a wirless (if needed) connection ENSURING that you again is a strong password (WPA or WPA2) on the signal.

Hope that helps.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom